Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I am super stressed. Just need to vent.

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • 10 Replies
I am a single mom and my son is almost 3. We live with my mom, her fiance and my 2 teenage siblings. I am actively looking for work but it is really hard to do with sucky internet that makes it imposible to finish an application and i hardly ever have gas money. And we dont live on the bus lines so that is out. So i am have a really hard time finding a job and i get treated like i am imposing. We got invited to move here 6 hours away from our friends and family to get away from my crazy ex.
My son doesnt remember his dad but he asks where is dad is and if guys at the store, on tv or online are his daddy. All i tell him is that he doesnt see his dad. Idk what else to tell him. I know not to tell him that his dad is a bad person. But i am not sure what to tell him when he is older.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Hi and welocme to the group.

All you can do is do the best mom you can be to your son.

otoole
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this

good for you for staying so strong, it is hard, i let my ex stay in contact and come visit once every 6 months or so. i am now in ireland and he is still in new york. i was going to cut of all contact but in the end i couldn't because growing up with no dad myself i know what its like to always wonder who my dad is and why he isn't around, in time the kids will figure out what kind of person he really is, but someday like you they will ask why we live like this. while they are young i will tell them a made u story but when i feel they are old enough to deal with the truth i will tell them the real story, your doing a great job and just keep doing what you are doing, stay strong, good luck in the job hunt

BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Oh, that is heartbreaking he is asking where his dad is. You say crazy, if he's unstable and your fearful of him then you did the right thing by moving away with your child. I hope you filed for child support.

LLbaby143
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:04 AM
File for child support and wic. Food stamps too. pply at a staffing agency . They will get you a great job even if u have lil experience. Just remember you are in a TEMPORARY living arrangement. Things can only go up from here. You are holding urs and ur sons life together and that makes you a strong important woman. Don't get discouraged. One day at a time!!
easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Hugs!!

NaviHope
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Hugs to you.  File for all the state aid you can, that's what it's there for...to help you and your son get on your feet.  You should get food stamps, section 8 and even child care assistance.  Once you have that help coming in, go to the library daily and fill out applications until you get some hits.  Hang in there and you are doing a great job.  It was probably smart to move away from the ex if he was unstable.

Navi

steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Hello and welcome to the group.  File for aid and file for sole custody.  Check the want ads on a daily basis and even to monster.com.  There are many jobs listed on a daily basis.  I'm sure you can find several you are qualified for.  I have a very unstable ex.  He's been blocked on my daughter's cell phone.  His verbal and bully approach to everything has gone overboard.  I won't allow him to continue to abuse my daughter - or me for that matter.  You did the right thing in moving as far away from your ex.  Focus on the new life ahead of you.  If your son continues to ask about his dad say what you can in order for your son to understand at his age.  When he gets older he will be able to completely understand and accept his bio dad.  Hugs to you!

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Can you get to a library or Internet cafe and out in some apps one afternoon?? Keep at the hard work him. It will pay off.
twinsmom2001
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I always told mine that their dad just 'wasn't ready to be a father'.  I showed them pictures and would answer their questions if I could.  I never said anything bad.  Just said he was young and not ready. 

MommyOfDariusR
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Thank you everyone for your support and advice. And yes my ex is mentally unstable and abusive. I am on WIC, TANF, and food stamps but i still dont have enough resources to survive on my own. I am not giving up my job search and looking for other resources though. My son may ask about his dad but he is much happier without him around.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)