Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 11:53 PM
  • 1 Replies
So, here is my issue.  Some of you may remember my depressed daughter with the health issues, well we have been working on those as best we can.  I am still looking for a reliable therapist.  I have a connection through my church, so we will start there... to make a long story longer, her dad has recently told her that he is moving to Florida with his "family"  he and his wife claim they are doing this to provide better for our daughter as well as their own kids.  I am not even sure where to start as far as feelings go, mine or hers.  Not sure how to handle visitations and such... who is now responsible.  We have always had an amiable relationship and have never gone through the courts on anything.  Now he is saying we need to do a joint custody thing and everything, so he has rights when she is there and such.  I feel if we are to do that, then we should do everything like child support and such.  I am trying hard not to be a female dog after 16 years, but do not know what else to do at this point.  I am not concerned of him taking her or anything, but rather of him moving and everything ( including support) will stop even though he says it will not.  Any advice?
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
momma_rat
by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 12:16 AM
I would say that it would be a good idea for you to at least talk to an attorney.  In most places, you can get a visit free and that'll help you figure out what you need to look at.  Go from there. 

I'm looking at similar because I can't work in my chosen field where I live now (too small of a town).  I'd like to move back to where I used to live, but I'm afraid that my ex will raise cane about it or try to dissapear from the kids' lives. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)