Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

To moms who are seriously dating, remarried, or who plan on it..

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 42 Replies
Do you or do you think you'll ever fully trust the guy with his nonbio child. Like would you let him watch your baby all day, or let him bathe them. I know no one would be with someone who they don't trust around their child. But what I'm saying do you trust him 100% or just 9 . Do trust him or think you would without not a shadow of a doubt. I'm not dating anyone but i just cant imagine trusting someone all the way with my child. If i was gonna be gone all day id drop my dd at grandmas house. Does this make since? Idk i was just thinking about this. A lot of moms on here say they let their bf watch kids when shes away. I just cant imagine

Even if i got married it just wouldn't be the same thsn the idea of child with bio dad. Although id be peeping with him too making sure he is doing right. Idk i couldn't trust any man 100% with my dd. 99% maybe but never 100...
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yellownes8
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Honestly I don't think I would be able to. I was recently dating someone who was a great guy but I didn't even like to leave him alone in the room with my kids. I guess I'm overly cautious but better safe than sorry. The only man I would trust alone with my kids is their father and my brother. Too many sickos out there and you never know who is one of them!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by Raegan on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes, I do completely trust him. He's taken him places without me. And I've had his daughter for an entire weekend without him. If I didn't trust him to be alone with my son, I'd never be with him because my son is my entire world.

a06z08mama
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:31 PM
The man I am with now. Yes I trust him. I trust him more than their own father. He has two kids of his own. And with things in my past he knows it takes a lot for me to fully trust a man. He is protective of mine like he is with his.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sunshine389142
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh...yes.  I would.  I have been a step-parent.  I love my ex's children.  There was a period of time when we were together that I was their primary caregiver - even more so than their mother.  Even though I am no longer with their father, I am still involved in their life.   Their mother trusts me and my opinions enough to discuss things with me.  We don't talk too much about parenting things though because I have some disagreement about certain choices she makes when it comes to the kids, but this is much easier to handle now that I am not in the role of a parent exactly.

And, if I am going to be with someone seriously, married, etc, I will have to trust them with my child.  If I can't trust them with my DD, then I don't want them in my life.  Saying that, I probably wouldn't have them help my DD bathe.  I don't really want my ex's fiance bathing her.  Now as a step-parent, I did help with this sort of thing, but as I said, I was their primary caretaker for almost 2 years.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I have not dated much at all since my seperation and pending  have dated 2 guys briefly. Neither met my kids. It is staggering how much the risk of child abuse goes up once a boyfriend moves in. I worry about this and would make sure to swiftly get rid of a guy who ever showed any disinterest or lack of patience of my kids.

aidensmom0407
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I totally agree. I don't think I could ever trust anyone around my son who is not his father or my family. This may mean that I'll put off dating till he's 16 (he's 4 now). But if that's what it takes, so be it. DS will always come first!!!

Quoting yellownes8:

Honestly I don't think I would be able to. I was recently dating someone who was a great guy but I didn't even like to leave him alone in the room with my kids. I guess I'm overly cautious but better safe than sorry. The only man I would trust alone with my kids is their father and my brother. Too many sickos out there and you never know who is one of them!!!
belindah
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I trust dh more then I trust their biodad. Biodad has a history of domestic violence drugs and alcohol abuse. Dh doesn't. Biodad is in and out of prisons and jails. Dh has never been arrested.
Serenitymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I have trusted a man who I thought I could trust after my ex disowned me. Ex#2 wound up molesting DD. I have now made a vow that I will never date ever again just so I can protect my kids. Its hard, and I should have been more cautious. I have a lot of guilt from it that I dont think will ever go away.

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM
If you dont fully trust him, dont marry him. Granted you can never be 100% about anyone, but if theres any concious doubt, don't waste your time bc it won't last anyway.
BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting raegan1221:

Yes, I do completely trust him. He's taken him places without me. And I've had his daughter for an entire weekend without him. If I didn't trust him to be alone with my son, I'd never be with him because my son is my entire world.

beautiful reply!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)