Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

what do i do....need advice!

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:00 AM
  • 7 Replies
I am a a single mom of 4. I have been for almost.9 years. In that time i have gave my all to my babies. I quit going out with friends and no much dating either. My only hobby is writing poetry. Well lately, my children never want to be home. They do homework and dinner but other that during school week. Its school, tutoring, girl scouts and friends. During the weekend its friends and constant outside playing. I can barely get them to watch a tv show or play a game with me any longer. They are growing up and dont need me as much. I am alone and it depresses me so i need to figure out what to do with my time and for myself now but the problem is its been so long i dont know where to begin and as in meeting people i am not sure if i remember how...any advice would be appreciated...thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
How about take a poetry writing class at a local college? You will be pursuing something you enjoy, and will likely meet some like minded people. Also writing classes are great because you often break into small editing groups, which is a good way to get to chat and share ideas on a more personal level. Also try meetup.com and try going to a few that seem interesting to you- you may find a group you click with. Good luck, and keep us updated.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Get out and meet people. Are there coffee shops or anything that have poetry readings you could attend??

Quoting Mamavelt:

How about take a poetry writing class at a local college? You will be pursuing something you enjoy, and will likely meet some like minded people. Also writing classes are great because you often break into small editing groups, which is a good way to get to chat and share ideas on a more personal level. Also try meetup.com and try going to a few that seem interesting to you- you may find a group you click with. Good luck, and keep us updated.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the others, its time to get out and meet people who share the same interests, same age and stage of life as yourself.  Search the internet for different groups on fb and meetup, there are groups everywhere!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the other moms.  Are there any local poetry readings/classes/etc you could get involved with?  If not maybe you could set one up??

steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Meetup.com is a great way to meet people.  I've met a few from there and from a divorce group - DivorceCare.  You have a love of poetry so use that to enjoy your hobby AND make friends.  Reach out and connect with those that like the same thing you do.  A great way to make friends and enjoy what you like to do best  - next to being with your kids. 

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM
So funny but I found myself at an Open Mic night tonight w my son. A lot of the participants read poetry and I know how impressed and inspired I was, and I found myself thinking about your post again and really hoping that you will get out there too.
kbjm33
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I will get out and find a class or something to help me improve my writing but to read in front of people i cant..i am shy and freeze when it comes to talking in person in front of them...thanks for keeinping me in mind...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN