Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you like being a single mom..

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM
  • 55 Replies
1 mom liked this
So what I want to know is do you like being a single mom? Or would you like it better if your childs father was in your childs life? I alot of my friends and family have a baby or babies. Most of us are single mothers. So I just want to know is being a single mother something you wanted to be or did the father just walk out? I have a DS and his father who I call the sperm donor. Never wanted to be a father and still to this day dont want to be one. I was really upset at frist about being a single mother but now I dont care.
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mz23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 4:22 PM
3 moms liked this
Heck no i dont like it. Who would? Um i dont want to be with dds father even if he did step up and be a das cause he's a bafoon and honestly highly embarrassing and annoying. . But i would be happy if he was jusr there for dd and help take care of her. I think if he did that id be ok. Usually,I'm ok but like today the fact i dont have a family unit, mom dad baby livinf in our cute little house, i am a little devastated. I wish i was married to my ideal husband and father of my child. I really got witha loser, I'm happu i have my daughter but so upset I'm a single mom. I'm the only single mom of family and friends .
JordLiasMommy
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 4:24 PM
5 moms liked this

To be honest I was married and I never pictured myself raising my two on my own but life happens..in my life the majority of my stress/ drama was coming from my relationship not my children. does a challenge but I'd much rather be in a peaceful home with just me and my kids rather than being with my ex hubby fighting all the time

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:48 PM

on phone 

Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

What I like is being able to make all the parenting decisions. I didn't plan on it, but it has made me a better person. 

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

When I got married I never imagined that I would be a single mom. I don't like being a single mom, but I do like being able to make all the parenting decisions like the previous poster.

JakesMom712
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:59 PM
2 moms liked this
For me, I do. I don't have to part with ds on weekends or share him on holidays. When it comes to important decisions I don't have to consult with anyone.

But it breaks my heart for ds. That part I hate. I hate that ds has to sacrifice his time with me because I work so much to provide for him. That he doesn't have his bio father to teach him about sports or do father son things with him.

Single Parenting definitely has pros and cons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids dad is very involved...
But I love being a single mom...it's so much easier. My home is calmer...and I don't need to ruin any decisions by anyone else...unless it's something major with the kids... I get along with their dad very well...he's a great dad...we just can't be under the same roof.

I like being alone and self sufficient..I'm not good at being a partner... I'm too controlling and don't want to compromise with another adult.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kimmie.Miller
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:07 PM
No, our son was planned but then My husband left us for some woman he met in Dominican Republic. This is NOT the life I wanted for us. We are just making the best out of this situation and trusting God has someone better for us.
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I like not sharing. I hate not having help.
Her "sperm donor" is a pos. My bf is great with her, but i don't expect him to help financially until we're married.
He's not close so he can't help much. But when he is around he's wonderful with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaMa.Lu
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I am a single mom and enjoy some aspects of it. My Dd's dad is involved in her life. He's still got a lot of growing up to do but I am fully aware it could be much worse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)