Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you like being a single mom..

Posted by   + Show Post
So what I want to know is do you like being a single mom? Or would you like it better if your childs father was in your childs life? I alot of my friends and family have a baby or babies. Most of us are single mothers. So I just want to know is being a single mother something you wanted to be or did the father just walk out? I have a DS and his father who I call the sperm donor. Never wanted to be a father and still to this day dont want to be one. I was really upset at frist about being a single mother but now I dont care.
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Replies (51-55):
sandrabrean
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I wish I had something to say here,I never planned to be a single mother or a widow,.......it just happened like that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iluv2bmum
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I wouldn't say that I enjoy being a single mom... damn it's hard work!  BUT... I would rather be a single mom than be in a bad relationship... I really like being able to make all the decisions without having to run to someone else for "permission"... anything MAJOR I will discuss with BD but otherwise I raise him the way I see fit.

drivenleonian
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM
I feel the same.

Quoting JordLiasMommy:

To be honest I was married and I never pictured myself raising my two on my own but life happens..in my life the majority of my stress/ drama was coming from my relationship not my children. does a challenge but I'd much rather be in a peaceful home with just me and my kids rather than being with my ex hubby fighting all the time

PandorasWorld
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:24 PM

i love it I am very territorial when it comes to my children. i don't fully enjoy it because if something was to happen to me where would they go. i am fighting off silly ass family members now. and the "fathers" don't have to much of a common sense gene in their dna at all. 3 kids, 2 dads, one dad is there for his child and the other i don't trust. i listened to his other ds talk about the women he would take him around, and had to make a choice of letting my ds be in that moment too. no thank you. i don't need him to think those kind of actions are ok no matter who you are. sometimes you have to let go and let g-d.

kayshalea
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:08 AM
It's okay..his dad is still around and we're friends. We're just not in a relationship with each other.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN