Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Promise Rings

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

How old is too old for a promise ring?  I thought they were for high school couples to say that they would like, stay together through college or whatever.  

Anyway, my stupid ex is wearing a promise ring.  LOL!  The man is 37 freaking years old.  His gf is 24.  Im sure it was her idea.  It just cracks me up. I dont know why she thinks him wearing a stupid promise ring means anything.....his wedding rings to me and and his first wife sure didnt mean shit.  He started wearing one awhile back, I noticed it was a ring he had bought while WE were on OUR honeymoon.  Then a few months later he started sporting a different silver one.  I guess she didnt like where his other one came from.  LOL!  

Im not trying to make a point or anything, just a bit of info I found funny.  

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Musiq_Junkie
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Wow that is funny!lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sunshine389142
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Ha ha.  I do think they seem to be for teenagers, but depending on the relationship, who knows....  However, the fact he was using a ring purchased on YOUR honey moon as his promise ring to her....that is even more comical. 

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, its pretty funny.  I noticed the ring, but I didnt ask him about it.  The next time I saw his mom I asked if he had gotten married, she rolled her eyes and said "No...they are wearing promise rings now" and shook her head. LOL!  Thats when I started laughing to myself because I knew where that ring came from.  

Quoting sunshine389142:

Ha ha.  I do think they seem to be for teenagers, but depending on the relationship, who knows....  However, the fact he was using a ring purchased on YOUR honey moon as his promise ring to her....that is even more comical. 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I always thought of it for teenagers, but if its what makes him happy than I would be happy for him. That age difference makes me nervous, cause when he gets in his mid forties plus will she still want to be with him!!
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Haha! No. She is the one he cheated with while I was pregnant! I'm not happy for them, never will be. They are ridiculous.

Quoting virginiamama71:

I always thought of it for teenagers, but if its what makes him happy than I would be happy for him. That age difference makes me nervous, cause when he gets in his mid forties plus will she still want to be with him!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

HAHA!! Love that he was wearing a right he bought on your honeymoon!!!

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:27 PM
This kind of reminds me of a very odd situation I found myself in when my ex asked me to go to his apartment he shared w his girlfriend on valentines day and look through his desk for some documents...well don't ask why I agreed, but I did and while doing so I also found the fathers day card the whore, i mean girlfriend, gave him telling him what a great dad he was and how she couldn't wait to have babies w him. Douchebag has never saved a fathers day card that his actual children gave him. It was so absurd that all I could do was laugh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN