Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm Scared of loosing my son!

Posted by   + Show Post
So I went to the court and filed for sole custody and my ex will have visitation. He was OK with me having sole custody if he doesn't pay for child support. When I talked to the lady at the court she said he can not just not want to pay child support and he will have to. I told my ex what they told me and he got all mad and is now thinking about taking my son away from me so he doesn't have to pay child support. I don't have the money to hire a lawyer because I'm currently unemployed. I'm scared that he could win because he has a job, a car and his own place. While I live with my parents , have no car and no job. I would be working but my visa has expired and I'm waiting for my new one which I won't have until the end of August :(. I have no criminal record and until now I have been financially stable but my savings isn't going to last me long. I'm hoping maybe with the criminal record he has that the court won't grant him sole custody. But I can't help be scared that he could possibly take my baby away! :'(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
mumii17
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Thank you Good luck to you too!

Quoting Meg2011425:

I have that fear. I'm currently fight the state (DCS). My ex made a report in December and they are investigating it. My permanency hearing is scheduled for July 8. My ex has supervised visitation twice a week but the last 2.5 weeks he has not visited our son. My son is also autistic but high functioning. My ex is the type of man that manipulates me to give him what he wants and is currently using the blame game and putting our son in the middle. Telling me its my fault I left. Yes I did leave him and our marriage however I wasn't going to keep being tortured by him. Most states prove you unfit before they take your child. With his record I don't think they'd take him. I get child support but it comes directly from his parents. If he fails to comply he rights get terminated by the court on July 8. Good luck! I think you'll do fine.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Chances are he won't be taken away.  Can you get ahold of legal assistance and see if they can help with a lawyer. 

stillstandin246
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have much advice but my ex thought maybe he'd try the same thing-go for custody so he wouldn't have to pay support. He gave up when he realized it wouldn't work AND he'd actually have to take care of his daughter. The courts are on to this game.
Rylansmom2011
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

So he doesnt want to pay you child support but would want to take on the child full time... pretty sure having the child full time would cost more money than paying child support. Felt the need to just say that since everyone else has covered everything that can be said about the rest.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
He is trying to scare you. Unless you are an unfit parent he won't get full custody
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumii17
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Well I do hope they do see what he's trying to do

Quoting stillstandin246:

I don't have much advice but my ex thought maybe he'd try the same thing-go for custody so he wouldn't have to pay support. He gave up when he realized it wouldn't work AND he'd actually have to take care of his daughter. The courts are on to this game.

mumii17
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly thank you couldn't have said it better myself.

Quoting Rylansmom2011:

So he doesnt want to pay you child support but would want to take on the child full time... pretty sure having the child full time would cost more money than paying child support. Felt the need to just say that since everyone else has covered everything that can be said about the rest.

mumii17
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I think I'm doing a pretty darn good job at being a mom maybe a little over protective him being my first baby but he's been living with me an not my ex.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

He is trying to scare you. Unless you are an unfit parent he won't get full custody

mumii17
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I will try and see if I could go an get legal assistance thank you

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Chances are he won't be taken away.  Can you get ahold of legal assistance and see if they can help with a lawyer. 

raegan1221
by Raegan on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Unless you're unfit, no worries. It will be very difficult for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN