Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm Scared of loosing my son!

Posted by   + Show Post
So I went to the court and filed for sole custody and my ex will have visitation. He was OK with me having sole custody if he doesn't pay for child support. When I talked to the lady at the court she said he can not just not want to pay child support and he will have to. I told my ex what they told me and he got all mad and is now thinking about taking my son away from me so he doesn't have to pay child support. I don't have the money to hire a lawyer because I'm currently unemployed. I'm scared that he could win because he has a job, a car and his own place. While I live with my parents , have no car and no job. I would be working but my visa has expired and I'm waiting for my new one which I won't have until the end of August :(. I have no criminal record and until now I have been financially stable but my savings isn't going to last me long. I'm hoping maybe with the criminal record he has that the court won't grant him sole custody. But I can't help be scared that he could possibly take my baby away! :'(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Replies (21-27):
raegan1221
by Raegan on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Document everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dom3269
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM
U should repost this in the Custody Issues group. they have really good info and advice
mumii17
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Will do

Quoting dom3269:

U should repost this in the Custody Issues group. they have really good info and advice

mumii17
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I try to as much as I can.

Quoting raegan1221:

Document everything.

raegan1221
by Raegan on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM

That's good..as long as you do, it can come in very handy. I used it during my divorce, and also when I helped my boyfriend win custody of his dd. We had to give it to our Attorney and also to CPS.

Quoting mumii17:

Quoting raegan1221:

Document everything.

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
raegan1221
by Raegan on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Also...when I was going through issues with my ex during our divorce, I did find out from a friend whose a police officer here in Texas that it is legal to record a conversation between two people without telling the second party. It becomes illegal if there is a third party involved. That was in 2006 so I don't know if laws have changed.

Quoting raegan1221:

That's good..as long as you do, it can come in very handy. I used it during my divorce, and also when I helped my boyfriend win custody of his dd. We had to give it to our Attorney and also to CPS.

Quoting mumii17:

Quoting raegan1221:

Document everything.

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
vegas517
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM

the courts usually side with the mothers on these types of cases, especially if he is working, then the kid would be in daycare all day. As long as you arent requesting any kind of state assistance, then it doesnt matter if he pays child support or not. At least not in CA anyways, so I would do a little more research on that as long as you are sure you dont want his assistance. If its strictly for custody rights, then the child support doesnt have to be brought up. If he doesnt want to pay for kids, then he should stop having them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)