Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Soon ill be crazy...lol

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello, I am Mila and I am a single mother as well. I have my four year old son. He is beautiful and he is my little angel. But I am just having a problems to teach him to discipline. Specially now when I need him to listen to me, because I go to school to, he just doesn't listen. I really need some good advice..thank you and I am so happy that there is a space where we can share our issues and problems. Good luck to all of the single moms!!! God bless you girls..

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brieri
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

coffeemuffin.   Welcome to the group.  Discipline can be one of the most difficult but rewarding experience a parent can ever learn.  Go to the bookstore or libriary and find some good books pertaining to your situation.  You will be glad you did.   

arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

WELCOME!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome to our group!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Mila!

It sounds more like typical 4 year old behavior to me than related to you going to school. 

Be firm & consistant with discipline but make sure you spend plenty of time praising him for good things too.  :)

Tsmommy106
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm having the same same problem with my 7yo. He feels like time is getting taken away from him, so he's acting out. Have you tried a reward system for him? Reward his good behavior. Time outs for bad behavior. But kind of showing more attention to the good, encourages him to keep that up & get rewarded. I just started a Pokemon reward system. He get 1 Pokemon card a day if he was listening. He didn't listen very well yesterday so he didn't get his new card. I spent $12 on a 60 pack of cards. So $12 for 60 good days. Sounds good to me. If he's good all week though & got all his cards that week, he gets a bonus on Sun. Good luck!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group. When it comes to discipline, make the rules absolutely clear and find the consequence that works best for him, then be totally consistent with it. If you slack off or give in, chaos ensues.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ludkabudka
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Thank you girls for such a nice and warming welcome...it made me feel better today, lol. And of course thank you for the advices. That reward idea sound really good. I think i will try it. Thank you Tsmommy106.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Welcome! Follow through is so important use rewards and don't be afraid to take away as we'll.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)