Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Seriously...... long vent sorry ladies!!

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 16 Replies

So i have been battling child support for the past few months, and finally decided to show cause my daughters dad. I had to do ALOT of reseach cuz he lies about everything. We have had child supprt in order since 2009.

He told me his job was only letting him work on weekends, not true. They bumped him to part time, which means he now can't have health insurance with them( and he is to provide health and dental insurance for her). I have been taking her to the denist since she was 1 year old and paying out of pocket for it, and he kept telling me he was getting her dental insurance, shes 4 1/2 and still hasnt done it( so there is another show cause). He is backed about $700 with me...and come to find out... he is about $1,300 backed on his other child. He told me as well as his other child's mom that he had been getting paid under the table so he couldn't change his child support through Scoial Services, ANOTHER lie! His boss, is my moms employee's dad... yeah no! He is 1099, so he is getting paid he just has to pay taxes at the end of the year. I am  so fed up with his lies and bullshit.

On top of that he gets her once during the week and every other weekend. He never picks her up on time, and if it is my weekend with her he will promise that they are going to go do something, then i have to follow through with it because he told her that she was gonna be going to a birthday party, or park or what not Which i am fine with taking my daughter out n about but being 6 months pregnant and working all week, sometimes on the weekends I have things I need to get done( on top of her soccer games and swim pratice!)

Needless to say I am just venting because I have no one to vent to about my problems!!

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM

My ex never paid a dime towards his first child.  He simply walked out on her and allowed another man to raise his own child.  His daughter is now 31.  My ex and I have a daughter.  He's not paid one dime towards her support in the past 9 months.  He's currently in contempt of court.  Will do jail time soon if he doesn't come up with funds by next Monday.   He will have to learn the hard way to finally pony up and be responsible or he spends even more time in jail.  He will end up losing his job - and supporting three other kids (two with his tramp) because of his stupidity.   My daughter and I can do without the support as we've gotten by okay in the past 9 months.  However, his young bride and kids have to have food, shelter, etc.  He better get his act together soon or he will end up in the ditch. 

Sometimes our exes have to learn the hard way TO be responsible in life.  Is there anyway you can get your ex into court and have him in contempt of court? 

Meg2011425
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM
My ex is trash. He was court ordered to pay $80 in support a month to me. And his ex in Georgia is getting $350 a month in support for her daughter and then telling me he isn't going to do it. But he claims he wants to be around for his son. Then step up. You haven't saw him in 3 weeks so 5/6 visits are passed and he never showed. He didn't even go to court for our son. And the idiot isn't complying with his court orders so needless to say he could lose his parental rights at the July 8 permanency hearing. I'm secretly hoping he does however it breaks my heart watching him hurt my son.

I hope whatever you want to happen happens. And best of luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Just be happy you have her.

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Sadly there are lots of fathers like that , leaving us moms with the clean up. Keep fighting for the cs, just don't use it in your budget or expect it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:53 AM
*hugs*
DueAug2013
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:25 AM

In Virginia its a jail able offense, so he has his first court hearing next Weds. So we will see what comes of it.....

yellownes8
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I'm sorry...my son's dad sucks too. He doesn't even know what my son's name is :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sketchmonster
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM
My ex can't spell dd's name and he was the one who named her -.-
He never showed up for any of his court dates and doesn't pay anything either. Idk what will come of it, Florida state doesn't seem to care much about that sort of thing.

Quoting yellownes8:

I'm sorry...my son's dad sucks too. He doesn't even know what my son's name is :(

yellownes8
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Ugh that's awful. Sounds like my cousin's daughter's dad. He got a tattoo of his daughter's name and it's not even spelled right! Pathetic!

Quoting sketchmonster:

My ex can't spell dd's name and he was the one who named her -.-

He never showed up for any of his court dates and doesn't pay anything either. Idk what will come of it, Florida state doesn't seem to care much about that sort of thing.

Quoting yellownes8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)