1. How do you deal with your husband being away for so long?
Letâ€™s see: I wake up, I make breakfast, I feed the dogâ€¦ Basically, I live my life. But it can be a struggle, and Iâ€™d rather not talk about how challenging and emotional my life sometimes is.
2. What will you do if your husband gets stationed someplace else?
Um, Iâ€™ll move.
3. Are you allowed to work?
Why wouldnâ€™t I be?
4. I notice your children are close in age. Are they â€śdeployment babiesâ€ť?
Are you asking if I accidentally conceived my children having â€śhomecoming sexâ€ť after my husband returned from his deployment? Actually, we intentionally wanted our children to be close in age. But while weâ€™re on the subject, would you like to tell me if your children were â€śaccidentsâ€ť?
5. Arenâ€™t you glad you have free health insurance?
The price I pay for my free health insurance being married to a man who deploys to war zones for months at a time. Iâ€™d rather pay for my insurance and have him working a desk job down the street.
6. Thank goodness for Skype, right?
Yesâ€¦ When my husband is able to find a decent internet connection, I love being able to see his blurry face for a few minutes, but do you have any idea how frustrating it is to constantly lose the connection? Also, a video chat doesnâ€™t replace a face-to-face conversation.
7. Arenâ€™t you glad heâ€™s not gone for a full year?
Of course I am, but please donâ€™t minimize how difficult a 60- or 90-day deployment is on my family.
9. Do you just resent your husband all the time?
Do you resent yours?
10. Do you worry that your husband will cheat on you when he is deployed?
No, I worry about his safety. Do you worry your husband will cheat on you at the office? Also, stop asking stupid questions.
A huge thank you to the military spouses who shared with me some of the dumb and inappropriate questions theyâ€™ve been asked!
I was once married to the military , - no one ever asked, so please feel free and I will answer the questions