Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

MAKING A WILL

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 22 Replies
As a single mother my concern will always be my son first. His father is not in his life and doesnt help me with anything. I want to know if any of you single mothers have done a Will yet. I want to do one but Im a little worried Im not sure why tho.
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cholita1978
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I have and my mom will take of dd if anything happens to me. I also have a living will (in case i get hurt or put in a coma, my mom is the only one who can make decisions for me)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this
You're worried bc facing your own mortality is creepy. Absolutely make a will and make sure your child is taken care of if something happens.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Thy "Will" be done in case my death comes way too early.

LOLOSMOMMY11
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I never thought of doing a living will, im going to look in to that. I will be putting my mom as the one who will make my decisions for me too.

Quoting cholita1978:

I have and my mom will take of dd if anything happens to me. I also have a living will (in case i get hurt or put in a coma, my mom is the only one who can make decisions for me)

LOLOSMOMMY11
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I have a will done but im too scared to notirize it. I feel like as soon as I get it notirized something is going to happen to me. 

Quoting Robsessed98:

You're worried bc facing your own mortality is creepy. Absolutely make a will and make sure your child is taken care of if something happens.

LOLOSMOMMY11
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I know i should. I will be discussing it with my mom. Shes going to be in control of everything in case something happens to me.

Quoting brieri:

Thy "Will" be done in case my death comes way too early.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I haven't made a will yet.... but we're in the process of doing so. We're getting married in Oct. and after that DF is adopting my boys. When that's said and done, he will be the ONLY one who will get them if something happens to me before they are 18. 

We're in the process of getting visitation and such dropped and thrown out for my oldest son because his sperm donor isn't around, doesn't help, hasn't called, etc in over 3 years. 

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:56 PM

and your kid(s) will be taken care of in the manner you wish. Don't get it done.... and either the state will take them or the ex(s).

Quoting LOLOSMOMMY11:

I have a will done but im too scared to notirize it. I feel like as soon as I get it notirized something is going to happen to me. 

Quoting Robsessed98:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

LOLOSMOMMY11
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I call my sons "father" sperm donor too.. shoot if i can take him out of the birth certificate i would do it in a heart beat but i heard i need his dam permission which shouldnt even count he doesnt do anything for my son and on top of that his gf just had a new baby girl by him and he is also taking care of her son from another man.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

I haven't made a will yet.... but we're in the process of doing so. We're getting married in Oct. and after that DF is adopting my boys. When that's said and done, he will be the ONLY one who will get them if something happens to me before they are 18. 

We're in the process of getting visitation and such dropped and thrown out for my oldest son because his sperm donor isn't around, doesn't help, hasn't called, etc in over 3 years. 

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM

My oldest son's sperm donor had 4 more kids after my son.... my youngest son's sperm donor had at least 3 that I know of. Neither give two shits about my boys. DF loves my boys with all of his heart.... 

Quoting LOLOSMOMMY11:

I call my sons "father" sperm donor too.. shoot if i can take him out of the birth certificate i would do it in a heart beat but i heard i need his dam permission which shouldnt even count he doesnt do anything for my son and on top of that his gf just had a new baby girl by him and he is also taking care of her son from another man.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN