Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Child support hearing soon...

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM
  • 2 Replies

On the first of next month I have a child support hearing with the baby daddy, he hasn't helped with anything yet but says he wants to be a part of her life (even though he's only seen her twice). a month or 2 ago he wanted to take our daughter for the weekend but i said no cause i didn't even know if he could handle a baby since we only dated for 2 weeks and i never saw him around kids  PLUS i didn't know who was gunna be around her either since he lives in a crowded home with his sister (drug dealing brother) and her sisters family. But i've always offered to pick him up or bring her out to his place (as long as i can be there). Needless to say he flipped out and we havn't talked since. But basically I'm just wondering what to expect for the child support? AND also if he tries to get custody? Is their anything i can do to make sure they inspect the home and all that before he can have her? thanks any advice is welcome!

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

I have found men don't get involved with their children til custody/child support is in place.  Just go and hear what has to be said.  He may get visits and he will be probably be paying c/s.  This may not be the end, just the beginning.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Good luck Hun!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN