Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

New young single mother of 2

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey my name is brittany, i am 22 and have two beautiful baby girls 2 yrs and 5 months. I have just recently became a single mother again. I was with my two yr olds father for 6 yrs and once i got pregnant he split n hasnt helped with her at all. Then i reconnected with a friend that i had know for 13 yrs and we ended up gettin married and having my second child. But then things went south and he was unfaithful and started using drugs so now i am 22 with 2 girls going through a divorce and supporting my girls on my own. Sometimes i feel as though it is to much too handle that im too young to be dealing with all this but i wouldnt trade my girls for anything they truly are my whole world. Any one else going through this??

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Replies (11-17):
LauraMH
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM

That's great! Congrats!! I'm so glad to hear you you are doing so well!

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

I'm GREAT. We just moved!!!!!! Me and my sons along with my parents. LOVE IT!!!!

Quoting LauraMH:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

hi mommyaj!! How have you been? It's been a while since I've been on here and I miss everybody.

MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Thanks...we're loving it. My youngest son practically runs up the steps everyday callin out behind him..c'mon NahNah (my mom) we're home! we're HOME! Does my heart GOOD I tell you.

Quoting LauraMH:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

I'm GREAT. We just moved!!!!!! Me and my sons along with my parents. LOVE IT!!!!

Quoting LauraMH:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

hi mommyaj!! How have you been? It's been a while since I've been on here and I miss everybody.

LauraMH
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM

That's awesome! I got the biggest smile on my face reading this, I really am so happy to hear this!

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Thanks...we're loving it. My youngest son practically runs up the steps everyday callin out behind him..c'mon NahNah (my mom) we're home! we're HOME! Does my heart GOOD I tell you.

Quoting LauraMH:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Quoting LauraMH:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Hayleelove1029
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Hi Brittany! I'm a single mother of 2 as well. My daughter is 3 and I'm pregnant with my second. I was in pretty much the exact same situation with both daddies! I'm 22 and it's definitely tough being a single mommy so young!
Shyandteyamommy
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello Brittany!! I'm going threw something really similar i am 21 going on 22. I have two girls ages 3 and 1 and I'm single. I love my girls but it is so so hard being a single mom. They have different dads as well an neither of them do anything to help me out with the girls an it makes me so stressed out and depressed. I've been thinking of going to counseling to help me cope but I feel like I need to learn how to deal with this on my own and plus I'm struggling financially but it's good to hear that you are making it work. It makes me feel better about my situation.
MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Awww thank you! My favorite thing? I bought the boys toddler beds...they have cribs and mattresses but after the ex and I split up I put them in storage. My niece put the beds together for me and I was able to pick up the mattresses Saturday so for the first time in AGES my babies slept on a mattress..not on a pile of blankets in the floor or in a pack n play. I was THRILLED! I sent a friend a picture and a text message that read...

cost of todder beds: $65 each

cost of monthly storage unit where much needed crib mattresses were stored: $95 a month

cost of FINALLY have my babies sleep on THEIR beds and not blankets or in pack and plays?? PRICELESS!!!!!

Quoting LauraMH:

That's awesome! I got the biggest smile on my face reading this, I really am so happy to hear this!

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Quoting LauraMH:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Quoting LauraMH:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

maddiemommy2009
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Hi
Im in a similar situation i've been raising my 3 year old by my self the father never looked back once I found out I was preg I was scared at first but with the support from my parents I'm doing pretty good and whenever I feel down my baby lifts me up . So keep ur head high u r only 22 brighter days are yet to come
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN