Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I just got un-divorced

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:42 AM
  • 21 Replies
3 moms liked this

Crazy thing. Yesterday, my ex-husband was successful in getting our divorce decree dismissed by claiming he never received the original notice of hearing. My fault for not having him served and only mailing it. Shitty part is I know he got it, we talked about the hearing but I couldn't "prove" it. So essentially I am now married again. I have to start all over. His main complaint was child support. Oh, and he wants me to pay for half of the truck that he packed up and drove 3,000 miles across the country when I asked for the divorce. He thinks he deserves a break in child support because he chose to leave his son and move across the country and now he has to pay travel expenses to see his son. Even his lawyer thinks that's crazy.

So now comes the fun part (again). Rewriting the divorce papers. Let's just say the first time around I was very generous with everything except child support. This time I will not be so generous.

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Oh goodness.

I've never heard of that happening before. Good luck to you!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ajohnson08099
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Whhatt that's crazy I'm sorry :( hopefully this can be fixed to benefit you.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM

What a horrible bit of 'luck'.  So sorry this happened to you.  Now you can sit down and rethink what your old agreement was all about.  Since he wants to stick you with his financial problems have it in writing that HE is the one responsible for the truck.  Is the truck in his name?  If not, call the dealership and request a name change to his.  Get out of all and any financials now so that the again-stbx can't get you for it.  Look at the cs you had set-up if it's not enough add more to it.  Your child deserves to have the right amount of financial help.  Your stbx sounds a lot like mine ex - out for themselves.  Don't allow the bastard to walk all over you.  Good thing now you have a second chance at getting it right this time.  Good luck!

Aslen
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Why didn't you send it certified?!?!
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM
4 moms liked this
If he wants to play the game, fine. Go for everything and make him sorry for playing. Men can be such asses.
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM

hugs

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Good luck.  So sorry.

MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM

LOL and ^5in Robsessed...AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Robsessed98:

If he wants to play the game, fine. Go for everything and make him sorry for playing. Men can be such asses.

MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:55 PM

So very sorry to hear you're going through this but Robsessed hit the nail square on the head. SO glad I dotted my "i's" and crossed my "t's"...phew...

SnapIt
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Omg
You didnt certify it?!!

Thats crazy!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN