Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just got un-divorced

Posted by   + Show Post

Crazy thing. Yesterday, my ex-husband was successful in getting our divorce decree dismissed by claiming he never received the original notice of hearing. My fault for not having him served and only mailing it. Shitty part is I know he got it, we talked about the hearing but I couldn't "prove" it. So essentially I am now married again. I have to start all over. His main complaint was child support. Oh, and he wants me to pay for half of the truck that he packed up and drove 3,000 miles across the country when I asked for the divorce. He thinks he deserves a break in child support because he chose to leave his son and move across the country and now he has to pay travel expenses to see his son. Even his lawyer thinks that's crazy.

So now comes the fun part (again). Rewriting the divorce papers. Let's just say the first time around I was very generous with everything except child support. This time I will not be so generous.

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Replies (21-21):
moops71
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Actually, I did send it certified. I also emailed it to him the same day I sent it (THIS was my mistake). He knew it was coming so he never signed for it. And email isn't an acceptable form of service.

Quote:

Maybe he wants to NOT be divorced,why don't you see if you guys can do counseling or work it out?

Oh he definitely wants to be divorced. His only issue is child support. Now he wants to get full custody so I have to pay him. There is no working it out for us. He's moved across the country and is now living with his second girlfriend since the split (eight months ago). Marriage is over.

I will most definitely be going for the jugular this time around. I tried to give him as many breaks as possible the first time because I have a tremendous amount of guilt for being the one to initiate and insist on the divorce. He has a problem with Rx pain pills and I was tired of being dead broke all the time to pay for his addiction. He was also controlling and manipulative to the point of abuse (emotionally, never physically) and he was a deadbeat dad even while we were married. Nothing about my son's life has changed since his dad left (except there's no one sitting in his recliner, high as hell, playing Call of Duty; and we actually have money for food, rent, electricity, karate lessons, school lunches, shoes, clothes, etc).

I just want this whole thing to be over with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)