Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

my ex........*ETA*

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM
  • 21 Replies
Is it wrong of me to keep in touch with someone i dated at 18 i dated him until i was 20/21 have known him since 18 haven't seen him in nearly 10 years.

We were engaged but thanks to my mom we broke things off. He's still in the army because of me his plan was to leave and marry me but it didn't work out that way.

So am i wrong for keeping in touch with an old friend?

Eta

He's finalizing his divorce he just told me via text.....he says he can't wait to get home. I'm in shock not sure what to think. He called we talked for a few minutes and then started texting again geez idk what to think
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM

No..he's an old friend..no reason to not keep in touch with him.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I can't help but think about what life would be like if i would've ran off with him lol probably better than it is now lol

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

To quote that country song...try not to think about what might've been..cuz that was then..and you have taken different roads...you can't go back again...there's no use givin in..there's no way to know..what might've been.

Had to go there (sorry..I LOVED the song..)..but its entirely possible that you 2 have unfinished business..you never know...

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I can't help but think about what life would be like if i would've ran off with him lol probably better than it is now lol

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

dallascowboys82
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you wanting him back? Nothing wrong with keeping in touch..but hey your single..is he?

Lovingmommy1028
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:35 AM

sure mama  its ok to keep in touch with an old friend your single right so why not 

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Idk right now at the time (after i had my daughter) he wasn't so idk he's in another country(orders via the army) so we'll see. He asked for pics of my daughter.

He knows she isn't his but do i send them is my question ?

If he were willing to give me another chance yes i'd take him back i miss him

Quoting dallascowboys82:

Are you wanting him back? Nothing wrong with keeping in touch..but hey your single..is he?

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM

hugsBy keeping him as a friend BUT HOPING HE WANTS MORE AS YOU DO is too risky!

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:08 PM
True......he did ask me to wait for him not sure what he meant by that but for now i won't read too much into it

Quoting Monsita:

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

True......he did ask me to wait for him not sure what he meant by that but for now i won't read too much into it

Quoting Monsita:

When a man says something like that, it means that WHILE HE IS ENJOYING HIS SINGLE LIFE=DATING, he wants you to keep yourself free and waiting for him to como to you!!!

not good at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Well guess thats it then

Quoting Monsita:

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Quoting Monsita:

When a man says something like that, it means that WHILE HE IS ENJOYING HIS SINGLE LIFE=DATING, he wants you to keep yourself free and waiting for him to como to you!!!

not good at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)