Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Where did my boobs go?

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 11:43 AM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: I've heard that having kids makes your breasts larger. Is this myth or fact? After you finished breast feeding and got "bounced back" are your breasts

Options:

larger than before pre-pregnancy (but so is my body)

smaller than pre-pregnancy size

larger than pre-pregnancy. (and my bodyis pre-pregnancy size)

the same

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

Girls,

I have been wondering if any of you have the problem I have.  Before kids I was a full B (nothing huge but good for me) and a size 0 or 1.  Now I'm a size 2 0r 3 and barely an A and they have no shape.  Ugh!  I know a good bra is nice but, what do you do for when the bra is off?  Everything got largerbut my bust got smaller?  What's up with that?  I think we should get better bodies after pregnancy as a reward ! :-) 

I guess I'm lucky because the rest of my body is close to before.  I know a few sit ups gets my sixpack back and well, an extra inch on my rear is not a bad thing...but what about my twins?  I don't even care about size any more-just some shape and fullness would be nice.

Do any of you have any tricks or suggestions for a pre-pregnancy body? 
by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MargaritaD
by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 12:02 PM
My boobs got bigger during pregnancy and I only nursed my youngest...my son...my girls wouldnt latch on right and I was always so frustrated. Anyway, my boobs are bigger now then before I got preggo but so is the rest of me and they are more saggy. Booooooooo!!!!!!  I think after we have babies, we should be able to chose our bodies since they went thru so much....why do we have to go thru all the hell and then get saggy boobs and flabby tummy's? sucks.

From my family to

yours. 

mammakathy
by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 12:04 PM
I didn't vote b/c I went both ways. With my DS I got smaller. With my DD I got bigger.
Joules
by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 12:06 PM

I nursed 2 kids for 18 months each and the sucked the life out of my boobs! I was a B cup pre-pregnancy and ended up with a negative A cup. Nursing breaks down the breast tissue, so there's not a lot you can do about that. You can, however, get the rest of your body looking even better than before. My kids are 11 and 13 and I feel I look better than ever. It's all about diet and exercise- you get out of it what you put into it. Just f.y.i- I did have breast augmentation surgery after I weaned my second child. It was just before my ex and I separated, actually, and my new boobs were a great ego boost when heading out into the scary world of dating :)

LoCam
by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 12:06 PM
Mine stayed the same but I didn't breastfeed. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I know a few of my friends that got smaller too. They were big while they were nursing but when they stopped, they complained that they "deflated." LOL. I guess it just depends....
Mommiesboy
by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 4:48 PM
Yep, I have the same problem! I only nursed my son for about a month and I was a full B before and now an A (if that) and saggy, not full. That's why I am getting a boob job the day after Christmas!! Yeah! I am excited and so nervous to be put to sleep. I wouldn't be able to have this done though if it wasn't for good credit and financing! That's the only solution I can think of. I have tried wearing a push up bra but if there's nothing to push up then you SOL. You could buy one of those water bras (if they still make them) they are probably your best bet without surgery.  Save up and get a boob job!
spiritualmom
by on Dec. 20, 2007 at 9:41 AM
The last time I had boobs was 14 years ago after having my youngest, I breast fed a little then it was like overnight they totally disapeared, I look like a pre-teen, I don't even have to wear a bra but do sometimes because my nipples mutated to double, (sorry too much info), I tell my kids that I did have boobs a long time ago but they drank em away! 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN