I saw this in The Stir - What do you think? Have you ever met someone at one of these places?
Despite what has become a common belief, most women don't really find boyfriends in bars. In fact, according to a study by Match.com, only 7 percent of all bar hoppers will come across a relationship-worthy guy while grabbing a cocktail. So what in the world are the rest of us to do? You can look online or be set up by friends, but many people have found love in some unexpected places. I have a friend who met her husband at a gas station on her way to work one morning. As she stood at the pump, a guy came up to her and said she was the most beautiful woman in the world and that he was going to marry her some day. He was right! Two years later, he did. I will admit, it was a bit unusual, but love at first sight can happen when you least expect it. Check out 20 surprising places you can find the man of your dreams.
- Home Depot - Perfect place to find a cute Mr. Fix-It.
- Comic-Con - If you are a Trekkie, no one will understand you as well as these guys could.
- Flea market - Unearth a cool, kitchy dude among the vintage goods.
- Bike shop - Great way to scope out an athletic love who likes to explore.
- Pet store - Owning a pet shows he's responsible and caring.
- Museum - What's not to love about a cultured man?
- Computer repair shop - It's even better if you are both Macs or PCs.
- Organic market - Something sexy about a guy who cares about what goes into his body.
- Driving range - If you love golf, why not seek a fellow player.
- The bookstore - You can gauge whether you have anything in common by his book selection.
- Karaoke - A nice, smooth singing voice is an incredible turn-on.
- Trivia night at a bar - Your teammate could potentially be the man of your dreams.
- Running club - If you are a runner, do you really want to be with a couch potato? Find someone who'll break a sweat with you.
- Learning Annex class - It's a good way to find people with common interests.
- Book signings - You both love the same author.
- Hookah bars - There isn't a more laid-back and relaxing atmosphere to meet someone new.
- Pool bar - Challenge a cute guy to a game.
- Wine tasting at a local shop - The ultimate sip and see. Check out offerings other than the wine.
- Subway - Yes. The subway. No joke. Believe it or not, there are more sane people than crazy ones on your morning commute. Chances are he's on his way to work.
- The dog park - You are both dog people -- that's half the battle.
What are other good, unique places to meet men?