Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not Winning Today

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 3 Replies

Today when I was at work I recieved a text from my mother. Since I was on my break, I looked at it. She said that my dad had come home early and that they were going away for the weekend. While this sounds normal, uh it's not. My mother watches my 3 year old son so I was concerned who was going to watch him. She text back to tell me my brother would be watching him (he's home from college) but not to be late because he does not do diapers.

I looked at clock and it said 1. I was like well is he napping? He is going to need maybe 2 diapers before I get home at 4.30. What if he poops? What if he doesn't nap long? I had to call her in order for her to give me more than one word answers. She said she would figure that out when it came along. Then that was it. Um, I'm sorry but now I am worried. I know my brother can handle him otherwise. But a diaper is important.

So I asked my boss if there was any way at some point today that I could leave early. She gave me the ok and I went home. That was at least 2 hours ago. I'm guessing my brother text her that I was home because she just text me. Started questioning me why I left work early and did I not trust my brother. I told her I figured it was a good idea. Why not help?

It is frustrating. Now she is claiming she had it all under control and that things would of been fine. YEt a few hours ago it was up in the air what would happen. I just don't get her.

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MommyAJ2921
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Breathe and relax...it can be frustrating. Just stick to your point..diapers are important to you (and trust me I'm RIGHT there with you)...and need to be changed when they need to be changed. Bottom line is she made you feel like you needed to take off early and come home so YOU could take care of baby boy. No harm no foul.

You figured it was a good idea..leave it at that. But I would politely ask her to give an advance heads up when something like this happens so you can make other arrangements for your son. It's ok. You did good. ^5. (Trust me..your brother probably heaved a HUGE sigh of relief when you walked in. LOLOLOLOL...)

brieri
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:18 PM

coffeemuffinFor you.  Welcome to the group. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM
You were trying to help and until your brother does diapers I don't blame you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)