Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Need some ideas moms -please and thank you

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello Moms (and maybe dads too),

I am making a Shutterfly book for my brother inlaw, (hubby's little brother). If you don't know what that is I suggest you find shutterfly.com and check them out, I've made tons, you will LOVE them. Anyway, I have searched online and have come up with a bunch of single mom, or dads being "gone" quotes. I need some ideas on quotes for single dads. 

The story in major short version is: My brother in law after a year of trying is trying yet again for custody of his son, its looking good. The baby is a year old. The mother made some extremely poor choices, and the baby has had to pay physically and mentally for her choices. If anyone would like the full story, I am unable to give out any other information. However, feel free to Google Martel Nebraska abused baby December 2012 something should come up.

I am making this book for Father's day, and lets just say, my nephew and brother inlaw are heros in each other's eyes. Thanks in advance for any quotes I can use.

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ajohnson08099
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM
None come to mind but a bump for you a strong single dads!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Bump
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Bump
ghostcat90
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this

They aren't really single dad quotes, but they are about single parents.  Maybe go for love and children quotes?  Motivational things?  Is the baby doing better now?  When that guy gets out of jail, where will we all be lining up with baseball bats to make sure he doesn't do this to another child?!
koondogg
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

The baby is doing amazing! We got to meet him for Easter. The last Doctor told us he would never walk. He's doing the holding fingers thing and taking steps. Although, after the strokes he suffered he has no use of his right hand or arm he is mobile thats for sure. He can say some words, juice and eat seem to be his favorite :)

Lets just say about the man, we have recently heard since word travels fast in a small town, that as a good citizen my brother in law was approached by someone saying no one messes with good people. Apparently this stranger's good friend is doing many many years without parole in the same jail. The abuser is also not doing so well with "friends" behind bars. If that makes sense.

ghostcat90
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Guys in jail HATE child abusers...I have a friend of a friend who did some time and was involved in SEVERAL instances of jailhouse justice.

koondogg
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Just an update to anyone who wrote in about my lil nephew, he's walking on his own!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)