Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single moms can still have fun.

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this

So, I am a single loving devoted mother to my 4 yr old beautiful lil boy. I came across an idea that I should be friends with more single mothers, so we can help each other. My days are filled with spending so much time with my son. Such as, getting him ready for school, working, homework, my homework, playtime, dinner, bath, bed. My routine is great for the both of us, but I have been single going on 4 years and feel like I want some me time. Time for me to seek a potential father figure for my son (even tho I am super mom, and he already is the love of my life) but my single friends are always telling me I need to get out more. I thought to myself maybe they are right, it has been long enought. i asked myself am I stuck in this perfect routine, this comfort zone, that I  will never get out of because I created it to comfort me and my baby boy? The answer is yes, i won't, unless I reach out to other single super moms that are as cool as me :) and want the same. if we get to know each othe, let our kids get to know each other and share babysitting maybe one weekend out of a month to enjoy ourselves by swapping. It doesn't mean we are bad mothers weare just trying to balance single motherhood with a social   life( which I have not had for 4 years) nows the time ladies. Lets do this. Help each other!

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:23 PM
:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Welcome to the group.

I don't need a babysitter (my daughter is almost 16 and my younger son is 12 so no need at this point) but I think finding another single mom to swap child care with or go out with once in a while is always a good idea.

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:51 PM
u do need time.. just because u have kids does not mean ur life ends..wen men become dad their life dont end .go out live ur life..
susieQ680
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

:)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Welcome! It is important to make time for yourself!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemybabes3
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM

it def is important to have time for yourself...before i got divorced, that time was next to none...but now that i am, my ex gets the kids every other weekend and every tuesday and that is my time...i usually spend it w/ my bf if he isnt working but when he is, then i get my me time...but spending my time w/ my bf is great bc we cant always see each other

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM

There is nothing at all wrong with going out and having fun!  I go out almost every other weekend when my girls are at their dads.  I go to the bar with friends, or out to dinner with my sisters, its coming up bbq season so Ive got a couple of those lined up in the next few weeks.  I would much rather go out and let loose than sit at home and miss the girls and be bored.  

steviechick
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Hi and welcome to the group.   Even though we are moms that are single we do need a life for ourselves.  My daughter is able to take care of herself when I'm not around.  I have fun by doing the things I love - like running mini-marathons and going to political rallies.   Things my daughter won't do with me! LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN