Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The perks of being single?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 18 Replies

What do you like about being a single mom?

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rocky_mtn_mama
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I love not having to answer to anyone for my decisions, whether is spending/shopping, what I make for dinner, etc.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Being able to flirt with guys and not feel bad about it.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I'm not fully there yet,  but I suppose this is what I'll like best. Being accountable to me and my kids only.

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

I love not having to answer to anyone for my decisions, whether is spending/shopping, what I make for dinner, etc.

SpurgeonMom
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM
l have only been single for less than a year i'm still adjusting will love to hear some perks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cw619
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been a single mom since he was was born (now 2), I would have to say my favorite part would be not having to share him time wise, I was their to witness all his firsts because he did not have the every other weekend schedule with his father. However he's back in the picture now and wants visitation, losing that extra time with him will definatly be the hardest.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Raising the kiddos my way.  Doing what I want, when I want.

bjane01
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Let's see...doing what I want to do when I want to do it...being able to watch whatever I like on TV...Being able to give undivided attention to my girls...Not having to be tense all the time (my ex kept me on edge all the time with his moods and silent treatments)...my house isn't constantly be messed up (my kids know to pick up after themselves but my ex did not do that)...peace in my home...Ironically I no longer feel lonely like I did when I was wtih my x...I am more physcially fit and healthy cause I eat better and I make time for exercise...I realize that I might be alone for the rest of my life and I am okay with that. I would only share my life with a man whom was a great friend to me and I feel good about that.

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Not shaving ANYTHING unless I want to! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM
No bickering arguing fighting!
sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I have the final say in all matters with children and household :-) I have sole custody
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)