Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He chose drugs over his son..

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 17 Replies
Ok, so I don't talk to my ex at all. Last time we saw/talked was like the beginning of February and it didn't turn out so great in the end. I'm a very timid person when it comes to ppl who are dominant and he pretty much intimidated me saying that he WOULD get to see his son AND get to have him without me there. Well nothing's happened. I was visiting with a friend whom is also a friend with him and she told me that's he's no longer clean. Again.. And his pour excuse was that he never gets to see his son. What??!! I'm home all day with my son everyday. You can find a way to drive your lazy high ass 25 miles to come see your son. But no. Meth is apparently more important. I just hope he realizes that now that he's chosen that path instead of getting his shit together, that he'll never get to see him now. It's quite sad really, but hey. He did this to himself. Sry, just had to vent some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:18 PM
What do the papers say?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM

It'll take time for him to realize what he really needs to do see your son. 

Kazmira222
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM
What do you mean? Like the parental papers? He never signed them so I'm the only one on the BC

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

What do the papers say?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monsita
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM

prayingAND hugs

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I know the feeling. Its been 7 years for us. He's been locked up and is sober now. He says that going to prison helped him because he never wants to go back again, that being in there, he was able to see how important things really are. He has 5 months left, out of a 3 year sentence. In wary, but we'll see.

Its been a long journey.. Hopefully you're ex realizes what he's missing out on. Drugs like that (my ex was on that and heroin), its either lock up or 6 feet under. I hope the best for you guys. If you ever need to talk, you can pm me.

I've come to a point in my life where I am thankful that he wasn't around when he was high. That's not the same with his other two kids, and sad to say, but mine is the most adjusted out of the three. I hate that he was gone and missing out... But I am so happy my son wasn't exposed to that bullshit
kidlover2
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Yup... My ex too. He chose his drugs over his 7,4, and 1 year old daughters. I ache for my girls who wonder why they only see their daddy for 4 hours a week.
samhannon
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Only thing I can add to what has been said already is try not to give your son the bad about his dad I have battled with it his dad keep threatening suicide - not the same I know but also affects kids. Just tell him the good and what you know best to your ability. It's hard but later your don will thank you for it he will make his own mind up about his dad they all do
Kazmira222
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Well my son doesn't even see him. But it's probably for the best right now. I don't think he'll really get involved until he gets older. Just don't know what to expect.

Quoting kidlover2:

Yup... My ex too. He chose his drugs over his 7,4, and 1 year old daughters. I ache for my girls who wonder why they only see their daddy for 4 hours a week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kazmira222
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh definitely. I don't plan on making it sound like his father is awful, but he will know the truth. Nothing worse than lying about stuff. :/

Quoting samhannon:

Only thing I can add to what has been said already is try not to give your son the bad about his dad I have battled with it his dad keep threatening suicide - not the same I know but also affects kids. Just tell him the good and what you know best to your ability. It's hard but later your don will thank you for it he will make his own mind up about his dad they all do

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lashay777
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter's dad is the same way.  He was clean when I met him (with prior heavy use) then got back on it while I was PG.  i dealt with it for  a while but once my daughter was born I wasn't going to continue to allow that.  He got with another girl and had another daughter and did really well for about 5 yrs then it all suddenly went downhill.  He is using right now and his GF is having a really hard time dealing with it, not knowing whether to let go or believe him when he says he's going to change.  I try to help her as much as i canbeing that I have gone through it with HIM, but she still struggles.  It's a very tough thing to deal with and luckily her daughter is still pretty young.  Mine is 6 and asks for her dad occassionally and I never really know what to tell her.  I've decided to cut all ties being that he wasn't very involved even during his sober moments, but I know my daughter will understand when she is older.  Best of luck to you!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)