Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How did you handle the 1st drop off?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:14 PM
  • 24 Replies
My ex left us for a co worker 7 months ago. He texted me this morning and asked if the kids could spend the night Saturday night. I'm not ready lol. I know I can't say no and it's the 1st time he has asked to see the kids. I knew this day was coming, but it just sucks. How did you handle the 1st drop off? I don't want to break down and cry. :( and all I can think of is him and his girlfriend playing house with my kids. Grrr
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mznaye
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I cried the Sunday! I know I waited lol. I'm weird like that. Our visitation was supervised......him and his mom picked ds up. I went to ccu to see my friend that was in a bad car accident and cried my eyes out the Sunday.
steph_hailee
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Oh I know once I get home I will be a wreck. My kids are 6 and 4. They have never spent a night away from me. I dont know who is gunna have separation anxiety more, the kids or me lol. I have no idea how it's going to go.

Quoting Mznaye:

I cried the Sunday! I know I waited lol. I'm weird like that. Our visitation was supervised......him and his mom picked ds up. I went to ccu to see my friend that was in a bad car accident and cried my eyes out the Sunday.
Mznaye
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Make it a neutral spot for pick up and drop offs.

My son had no clue who my x was and it hurt to hear him cry :-(

We don't have visitation anymore.

Quoting steph_hailee:

Oh I know once I get home I will be a wreck. My kids are 6 and 4. They have never spent a night away from me. I dont know who is gunna have separation anxiety more, the kids or me lol. I have no idea how it's going to go.

Quoting Mznaye:

Mznaye
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Stay busy! It helps a little

Quoting steph_hailee:

Quoting Mznaye:

Mznaye
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM
My ds was 10 months old first time away from me

Quoting steph_hailee:

Quoting Mznaye:

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Make some plans for your time alone. Go do stuff that you can't do with kids, go out with your girlfriends, go shopping, see a movie. Staying busy helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cw619
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:42 PM

It will be worse on you then the kids, we need to worry as moms, where as kids adjust easily. Keep yourself busy, cleaning/projects, make plans with a friend. Anything to keep from dwelling on it.

Have your children not seen their father for 7 months? If so I may suggest a shorter visit then overnight. That is a long time for everyone if it will be the first visit, suggest picking them up before bedtime.

Quoting steph_hailee:

Quoting Mznaye:

steph_hailee
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Well he will be picking them up Saturday night and bring them back Sunday morning I think. We haven't talked much yet about it. Probably will when Saturday gets closer. They do know him. We all lived together for 7yrs then he just up and leaves one day. I'm so nervous.

Quoting Mznaye:

Quoting steph_hailee:

Quoting Mznaye:

Mznaye
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Did you tell your children yet?

Quoting steph_hailee:

Well he will be picking them up Saturday night and bring them back Sunday morning I think. We haven't talked much yet about it. Probably will when Saturday gets closer. They do know him. We all lived together for 7yrs then he just up and leaves one day. I'm so nervous.

Quoting Mznaye:

Quoting steph_hailee:

Quoting Mznaye:

steph_hailee
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:04 PM
No not yet. Probably not until the end of the week.

Quoting Mznaye:

Did you tell your children yet?

Quoting steph_hailee:

Quoting Mznaye:

Quoting steph_hailee:

Quoting Mznaye:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)