Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My Ex Hates My Ex!

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 16 Replies
So my ex husband (my sons father) found out that I have been hanging out with my ex boyfriend. Now he won't stop bugging me and how he doesn't want our son around him. According to him I have no respect for him or our son. Which idk how I'm being disrespectful about it I mean I don't take my son around him. We've just had lunch together ... I guess he wants to know how I got over him so easily (which I haven't completely). Don't I have a right to be friends with who I want? Idk I don't like fighting with my ex husband for our sons sake I try to be civil, but I don't like him controlling me either. Ugh....
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:46 PM
It's none of his business who u stay friends with. Or even date for that matter. Your ex is just being a control freak.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM
If he brings up anything other than your child tell him it's off limits. If he continues, tell him you will end the conversation, then follow through if he still doesn't stop.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Agreed. You're only conversation should be your kids

Quoting conniejo75:

It's none of his business who u stay friends with. Or even date for that matter. Your ex is just being a control freak.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnivis01
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM
He's jealous.
mumii17
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Control freak he is

Quoting conniejo75:

mumii17
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Good suggestion thank you

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

If he brings up anything other than your child tell him it's off limits. If he continues, tell him you will end the conversation, then follow through if he still doesn't stop.

mumii17
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Probably

Quoting mnivis01:

He's jealous.

TiredbutHappy1
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:39 AM
My sons father tries to pull that. "My son lives there so I have a right to know who you are seeing...where you are going..what you are doing and if someone is staying overnight." My response I banned him from my apartment and told him he has no rights when it comes to my personal life and if he keeps on harassing me we will go to court and have the parenting plan modified. Will make it so someone else has to pick up/drop off our son. He shut up...for now. Lol
mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM
My daughters dad did the same thing.......it got to where he was teilling me how to do my daughters what to wear ect........then something happend we moved and my mom stepped in and has started pick ups and drop offs for me.

I have NO contact with this man i do not see him even if he has a concern he calls my mom and my mom calls me.

Thankfully my mom was willing to do this for me.

Quoting TiredbutHappy1:

My sons father tries to pull that. "My son lives there so I have a right to know who you are seeing...where you are going..what you are doing and if someone is staying overnight." My response I banned him from my apartment and told him he has no rights when it comes to my personal life and if he keeps on harassing me we will go to court and have the parenting plan modified. Will make it so someone else has to pick up/drop off our son. He shut up...for now. Lol
steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

The day my ex sees me with another man will be the day he finally accepts that I have moved on.  Right now I'm not dating anyone.  I would prefer that I never see my ex again, but since he's a deadbeat I have no choice but drag his sorry butt to court.   Until garnishments are in place I still get to see him in court.  If my ex pulled this crap with me I would tell him to mind his own business and get over his jealousy.  I've accepted his tramp (wife) so he can accept my bf. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN