Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

my dh doesn't like her dad

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM
  • 8 Replies

Her dad lies to her all the time She cought him many times and told him about it. I got tired of it and have a court order that he can see her once a month. so far he has not showed up for his vists for three years, but when he calls her it is nothing but harrsement. The police will not get involved because I dont have written notice or a taped convesed of it.  whant do you do or can do ? oh by the way dh is 10

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Dd or DS? (Dh is usually dear husband) unfortunately your child is learning not to depend or rely on him and it hurts but you can't do anything until she can decide in your state usually 12 or 13
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Is this 'DH' your daughter?  My ex started doing the same thing via text to our daughter.  She read me the texts and I told her to delete them.  Then I blocked his number from her phone.  That was back in Dec of last year.  I won't accept any form of harrassment from my ex and especially when it comes to our own daughter.  Mental/verbal abuse is the worse form of abuse.  I would block his number from reaching your cell phone.  If the ex wants to communicate it will be through your attorney.  As far as visitation rights unless you have have text messages and witnesses confirming the harrassement you can't do anything to stop visitation until your child is older (12 or 13 depending on the state in which you live).  When it gets to physical abuse that's when the state has to intervene.  Keep record when you can. 

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM

hugs

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I agree.  Request a modification of the court order that communication can only be through your attorney from now on.

Quoting steviechick:

Is this 'DH' your daughter?  My ex started doing the same thing via text to our daughter.  She read me the texts and I told her to delete them.  Then I blocked his number from her phone.  That was back in Dec of last year.  I won't accept any form of harrassment from my ex and especially when it comes to our own daughter.  Mental/verbal abuse is the worse form of abuse.  I would block his number from reaching your cell phone.  If the ex wants to communicate it will be through your attorney.  As far as visitation rights unless you have have text messages and witnesses confirming the harrassement you can't do anything to stop visitation until your child is older (12 or 13 depending on the state in which you live).  When it gets to physical abuse that's when the state has to intervene.  Keep record when you can. 

Jazmyn1
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I know it aucks and it hurts you as much as your child. Children are way too smart. My 10 yr old ds didnt like his dad for the longest time. Since his dad told him he loved our ds he has felt better. I think thats what he needed cause his dad still doesnt stick to anything like will text a week then stop till I rag on him again. I quit though Im all done trying its his jo sorry Im babbling i know how you feel
singlemom7421
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM

thank you

singlemom7421
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM
He got disabty in my state if you get ssd you dont pay childsupport
Does this mean that my da dosent need to talk to him
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)