Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Detering pot smoke?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

My neighbors smoke weed, which is their business, but now it is seeping through the heat vents and I am allergic to it.  Apartment people are going to seal up spots where it could be coming through on Wednesday.  Until then does anyone have any tips on how to cover the smell or make it less potent?  Like putting blankets over vents or something like that.  Has anyone else had to do this before?  Thanks for any tips. 

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM

May not help much, but I can only think to  keep a window cracked until they seal it on Wednesday.

lydi
by Lydi on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Thanks.  I am trying that, but it is still very chilly where I live so it is a tad uncomfortable, but atleast it helps.

Quoting virginiamama71:

May not help much, but I can only think to  keep a window cracked until they seal it on Wednesday.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM

good luck

tottaxi
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow.  The landlord is willing to go to that work rather than just call the cops?  Are your neighbors prescribed "medical marijuana"?  

lydi
by Lydi on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I don't know if the cops were called, but she also said after a certain amount of times the cops don't show up anymore and just document which i don't understand. I told them why I personally dont want to call the cops as they have had violent behavior in the past and so they said they would deal with it.  I think the cops have to be called 3x before they can evict which this would be their 2nd that I know of. The lease states a drug clause so I dont understand what is going on.  I don't care if it is legal or not, that is their business I just don't want the smell in my home. 

Quoting tottaxi:

Wow.  The landlord is willing to go to that work rather than just call the cops?  Are your neighbors prescribed "medical marijuana"?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)