Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support questions!! Help!!

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi I have a 3 year old daughter. Me and her father just broke up about a month ago and its been hard on me but hes been seeing her about 3 days out of the week.... he  called me yesterday and told me hes not going to be able to see her for awhile because he just started working again and has no one to watch her while hes at work... I told him I cant take care of her on my own and he cursed me out and told me to stop  calling him.... He said he will see her on weekends... I dont know if i should take him for child support... What should i do??

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
libramoon007
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Yes. You didnt make that baby alone and he was around for three years and he gets to just walk away. No way. Go for everything. Child support and custody. Do not talk to him about it just do it. Good luck 

bear.katten
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Why wouldnt you?? He doesnt get to make a baby and then only see it and spend money on its needs on weekends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leanntx
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:28 PM
File for child support AND custody.
just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:47 PM

His financial support to his daughter does not end just because the two of you are no longer a couple...so with that said by all means have his wages garnished, get visitation schedule ordered  and custody arrangement ASAP

momma_2013
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Girl i fight every week for suport on 2 of my kids... and it is very hard when u are the only one doing it by your self.... so yes yes yes go after childsport and go for full cusady of your baby...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Quoting leanntx:

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Learning the hard way I stood up and did after my ex kept promising he will pay and don't have to go to court but never kept his promise now the court has order him to pay and back child support to plus visitation. It's hard to do it alone I have two under age of 4 so it's better to file and let the court do it.
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Take it that he wasn't working during the time he has been taking child those 3 days during the week?  Give him a chance before taking him to court - try to rectify the issues outside of court and try to come an agreement about c/s and standard visitation with him.  If you do that, and it works out, then just get in court ordered form and signed by the judge.  Take the lesser of the pain. 

amantonacci
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I agree with these ladies

Quoting diaperstodating:

Quoting leanntx:

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:24 AM
No screaming and yelling it gets you nowhere if he's working again then maybe time for preschool and he can help pay and pick her up after work. Try and work something out and if not court is always the best option if its going south because things are in writing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)