Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

SAHM to single mom?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 9 Replies
Has anyone went from a SAHM to a single mom? I know its going to be a whole new world and I'm scares that I'm going to have to stop going to school to work and still have time for my Lo. Does anyone mind telling me how it went for them?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM

bump

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Know a mom who was a sahm for a period of time, he leaft and she was still sahm for about a year.  It wasn't easy and it was worse - when she went back to work.  Now she's am a sahm but with no children.  Can't get any better than that,

Shygirl951
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM
She's a SAHM with no kids?

Quoting brieri:

Know a mom who was a sahm for a period of time, he leaft and she was still sahm for about a year.  It wasn't easy and it was worse - when she went back to work.  Now she's am a sahm but with no children.  Can't get any better than that,

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Yes.  She has kids, but doesn't live in the home with her. 

Quoting Shygirl951:

Quoting brieri:

Shygirl951
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I see.

Quoting brieri:

Yes.  She has kids, but doesn't live in the home with her. 

Quoting Shygirl951:

Quoting brieri:

diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
That's a relief. I thought you meant they passed away.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Why doesn't she work? How can she afford to stay at home?
lovemybabes3
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM

i am...i have been a stay at home mom for almost 7 years and now i am divorced and still at home...i havent be able to find work and going back and forth with my family if i should work or go to school...once i think i have things set, they make me rethink things and its frustrating...i get enough to stay home right now but its not easy, im also on state aid for food...but im also living w/ my mother and paying rent to her...its frustrating and discouraging at times...i wish things were better but i know i am better off w/out my ex

Court930
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I was a sahm.. then my ex and I split and I just recently moved back in with my parents and got a job and am applying for nursing school.. its a little rough but i am motivated.. my daughter keeps saying im not allowed to work and that daddy works and mommy stays with her.. soo.. that will be an adjustment  :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)