Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Detachment issues? When was the fist time you spent the night away from your child (ren)?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM
  • 22 Replies
I'm a mother if a 6 month old. When was the first time you spent the night without your child(ren)? What did you do? How old was your child(ren)?
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

When my divorce was final a year ago my son started going overnight on Friday, than back home on Saturday and back for overnight and picked up on Sunday.

this is the only time I have been without my son in my home with me in his whole life.

Since its over night I had things to do, cleaning, errands on the next day, other stuff, but once he is home I am happy to hear his voice again in my home and do child like things.

I do not think I would be able to do very well if he went the whole weekend without me.

GAVINNMOMMY209
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM
How old was your son when he started spending the night else where?

Quoting virginiamama71:

When my divorce was final a year ago my son started going overnight on Friday, than back home on Saturday and back for overnight and picked up on Sunday.

this is the only time I have been without my son in my home with me in his whole life.

Since its over night I had things to do, cleaning, errands on the next day, other stuff, but once he is home I am happy to hear his voice again in my home and do child like things.

I do not think I would be able to do very well if he went the whole weekend without me.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry I forgot to put it..he was 9.

Quoting GAVINNMOMMY209:

How old was your son when he started spending the night else where?

Quoting virginiamama71:

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
My kids haven't spent the night without me other then the one night I was in labor with baby 2. They are almost 4 years and 14 months
IloveNCIS
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

He was 18 months old and I had to go out of town. He stayed with a friend for 3 days. I went to a soccer tournament for my neice and it was really cold and we were tenting it. I thought it better he stayed with my friend. It was terrible, I cried pretty much the whole time I was gone. He did great.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM
About 5 months for all 3 kids, not by choice. Deployments!
Monsita
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM

My baby girl was 5.....she spend two nights at Dad's when THE DIVORCE WAS FINAL.....

I CRIED...I missed very much kissing her good night, helping her to get in bed....

I found out later, she cried too AND HER DAD REFUSED TO ALLOW HER TO CALL ME!!!!

NOW, she is 9 years old and she loves spending time at her Dad's, and I am getting BETTER AT HANDLING  THIS NEW LIFE STYLE OF US!!

Ali32
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Probably around 9 months old. I went to Puerto Rico for a few days.
GAVINNMOMMY209
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Aww :)

Quoting Monsita:

My baby girl was 5.....she spend two nights at Dad's when THE DIVORCE WAS FINAL.....

I CRIED...I missed very much kissing her good night, helping her to get in bed....

I found out later, she cried too AND HER DAD REFUSED TO ALLOW HER TO CALL ME!!!!

NOW, she is 9 years old and she loves spending time at her Dad's, and I am getting BETTER AT HANDLING  THIS NEW LIFE STYLE OF US!!

GAVINNMOMMY209
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM
That sounds like a bad trip

Quoting IloveNCIS:

He was 18 months old and I had to go out of town. He stayed with a friend for 3 days. I went to a soccer tournament for my neice and it was really cold and we were tenting it. I thought it better he stayed with my friend. It was terrible, I cried pretty much the whole time I was gone. He did great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)