Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling "down"...

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:28 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Just feeling a bit pathetic and lonely. I don't really have friends and even my 14 yr old daughter grumbled at me for attempting a lil Facebook chat! 

How pathetic! Having a "down-day" I guess...bad

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punkinsmom0106
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Wait, you have a moody, self-centered 14-year old?!?  Puberty FTW!!!

laughing 

Don't get down, momma.  Remember--you probably didn't fully appreciate your mom until you had a child of your own and could fully understand everything she did for you.  One day, your baby girl will see it all too!

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Sorry your having a bad day mama :( I am too. I hope it gets better tomorrow!!
mommyecr3
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Thanks. Today is a better day - Hope yours is a better one, too!!!

Quoting LauraMH:

Sorry your having a bad day mama :( I am too. I hope it gets better tomorrow!!

Mietze78
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I seem to go on highs and lows and have been having a low period for a few days. Similar to you, just feeling generally down. I have a 15 y/o who can exacerbate things. I've generally been feeling depressed and remorseful/resentful of the challenges and difficulties life has brought my way. Everywhere I look I am surrounded by happy couples. I have interested men, but I am not interested in them. I feel lonely and without a lot of real genuine friends. I know I'll eventually pull out of this fun,, I usually do, but here I am. Again.

mommyRojo
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Sorry you were having a bad day....yesterday was bad for me too! My son was sick, and It would have been my anniversary.  Boo!  I try to look positive to each day.  

LilShamrock
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Hugs going out to ya! We feel your pain...I had an elderly lady tell me when you feel blue, think of three positive things in your life.

Granted, some days easier said than done, but we're allowed these moments. So today, put your "big girl panties on" and go kick the world in the@$$!! :)

Sham
steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM

All of we single moms have good days and bad days.  I've only been divorced for just over a year and I have my emotional days as well.  Things happen to bring us down.  It's natural.  I've been 'there' with a 14 yr old girl.  Acted up a lot but that was part of puberty.  Facebook is fun.  Just ignore your daughter's comment.  It's your personal cyberbook just like I tell my own daughter.  Keep having a good day.

mommyecr3
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Exactly! Please have a wonderful day!

Quoting Mietze78:

I seem to go on highs and lows and have been having a low period for a few days. Similar to you, just feeling generally down. I have a 15 y/o who can exacerbate things. I've generally been feeling depressed and remorseful/resentful of the challenges and difficulties life has brought my way. Everywhere I look I am surrounded by happy couples. I have interested men, but I am not interested in them. I feel lonely and without a lot of real genuine friends. I know I'll eventually pull out of this fun,, I usually do, but here I am. Again.

mommyecr3
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Thanks to all! I realize we are all full of wisdom to offer each other. Also, the blessings of something like this CafeMom to find peace and support. God Bless us all - and our children as well! Take care and have a hope-filled day!

maddiemommy2009
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I know those days to ... I'm actually one of those days...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)