Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single mom sucks

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 16 Replies
So I've been a single parent since day one. It sucks, for one my son is not getting the bond with his dad , I get no help at all, an it makes me wonder if ill ever find someone for the both of us, I'm 20 years old but I feel like I'm 35 . I get lonely at, I wonder if ill ever have a husband , it's hard to find a guy who will take a packaged deal :/
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM
4 moms liked this

Hang in there momma, just take one day at a time.  You have to stay positive and believe that the brightest days are ahead for both of you.

punkinsmom0106
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:39 PM
3 moms liked this

Babydoll, just to give you some hope:

I made a mistake when I was young--pregnant at 18 :/   Tried to do the right thing--"Daddy" and I lasted 4 miserable (and I mean MISERABLE---think LOTS of Zoloft and a sleep aid for the majority of our relationship) years before I found out that he was cheating while I was pregnant with our second son.  Next thing I know, I'm the single parent of an autistic 3-year old and a newborn baby boy.  I thought I had nothing to offer a man, no chance of happiness, and nothing but struggles ahead of me.

Fast forward 4 1/2 years:  I was right about some things: it's been a struggle, but it's damn sure been worth it!!!  I found my soul mate mere months after ending my dysfunctional "relationship," if you can even call it a relationship---relationships usually involve compromise, but that's another story.  We celebrated our 4 year anniversary earlier this month (yay us!)  and I still can't believe that I found a man who loves me so truely that he is willing to take care of 2 children that aren't his (one of whom is obviously very high-maintenance, being autistic.  Their biological father may be a P.O.S., but their real Daddy isn't.

Point being, there is always hope.  Once you meet the man that is meant to fall for you, and you for him, nothing will stand in your way.  Focus on you and your son...your prince will come when you and your son are ready.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Its rewarding!!
1stTimeMomma27
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I am right there with you! I feel like no guy out there would want a girl with baggage and take on a responsibility that isn't theirs, but there are definitely good guys out there. Where I am not sure, but I've heard if you stop trying to find Mr. perfect, he will soon find you. Plus we have so much on our plates already! We just have to focus on our beautiful babes and ourselves right now! :)

1stpreggers
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I feel the same way but I've given up on men. My ds is the only man u need !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Affinity05
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

There are alot of men out here who love children and can't have any of their own. Yes at times is gets very difficult trying to raise a child on your own, especially when you are sick and still have to be a mom. But you are young and as you get a bit older and wiser and learn more in the mothering process there will be some things you will change about yourself and things you won't except from others. Don't worry or rush trying to find love because you don't want to end up with the wrong person or have your son around anyone that would be a bad influence. Be patient and use this time to grow your bond with your son, go back to school if you're not in school, or take up some hobbies that could make things better for you and your son. When the time is right I believe you will find love. Just have faith. From one single mom to the next.

Lovingmommy1028
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM

yes mama you have be & stay positive & have faith that you will find what your looking for when the time is right just hang in there it will get better mama just be the best mother you can be to your son & always be there for him more then ever 

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I've also been a single momma since day one! I'm 37, no "soulmate" in sight other than my blessing! My almost 10 year old kiddo! Instead of looking at the negatives look at the positives! Fill your kiddos like with positive male role models that can step into that position that his bio-father is not fulfilling. Find your life's passion andante it happen! Sure, there are challenges but the rewards are endless! I don't regret one single day oft life since my daughter was born! And hey, being a mom in my late 30's is not terrible! In fact, it's down right great!
LilShamrock
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:51 AM
Sunshine, you are young! Enjoy this time with your little one. Focus on obtaining an education (if you're not already doing so), focus on realizing who YOU are and your unlimited potential, have fun spending time with your child and cherish these moments....

When the time is right, the right person will come into your life. But til then, focus on the person who you want to be!

Hugs,
Sham
steviechick
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM

20?  I wish I could go back to being 20 I'd do everything all over again.  I'm in my late 40's I don't even feel old.  In fact, I still feel as young as I did when I was 20!  Life will get better.  Enjoy that little boy you have and treasure the happy times of being mom.  Men aren't all that great.  Even though there are some out there that are.  Just let life give you what you give it.  As lonely as I am sometimes I live the life I want to live.  If a man isn't in my life then so be it.  Life doesn't just up and end just because you are single.  Yes, you are a mom but you still have a wonderful life ahead of you.  You make life either miserable or happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN