Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should I ??

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
Should I have my son call his father on Father's Day? He hasn't seen him in a year. He told me a year ago he wanted to split, So I knew if we got a divorce he wouldn't make any effort towards our son, looks like I was right. He hardly every calls him. My son is almost 4 1/2. His dad hasn't ever really made any effort towards him. I feel torn between doing the kind thing or just saying hell no. I don't think it's fair to my son to encourage a relationship that isn't even there. There's never really been a connection between them.
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LauraMH
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I think that you may want to ask your son. I know he is young but I'm sure he has an opinion on the subject. You don't have to do what he wants but take his wants into account when making your decision.
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Does your son ask about him? If not, I wouldn't stir up the pot so to speak. If he's pretty much forgotten then there's no sence in bringing up the hurt again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:22 PM

That is between you and your son. My oldest boys don't like to talk to my soon to be ex husband and will not be calling him on Fathers Day, not sure about my younger sons.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I would ask him if he wants to make a special card for his father and mail it and if he wants to talk to him on the phone.

If he wants to let him go all out, if not wait until he asks for his father and let him go from there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)