Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ready to move on to better things...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM
  • 8 Replies
is anyone else tired of being single and ready to move on???? i was in an abusive realationship with my sons father and i have done counseling and the things that i needed to to love myself and get over all that he did to me. my son just turned 5 years old and i have pretty much been single since he was born.... i always wanted to have my second child when he turned 5 and i dont even have anyone to creat with lol .....i dont know this is just bothering me at the moment...anyone else feel the same way??
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I would love to meet somebody, get married, have more kids but I just never have time. I feel so old at almost 29 like I need to do it fast or it won't happen. Lol! But I know it will happen when it is supposed to just like it will for you. Don't be too concerned with your sons age. I wanted all my kids 2 years apart and now I have a 9 and (almost) 7 yo. I do understand your feeling but don't rush it. It will happen.
breebree04
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I feel that way sometimes. I feel like Im getting old (just turned 31) lol and I need to be in a relationship for me and for my kids. My kids dad is around but not all the time everyday so I would like them (especially my ds) to have a male figure around. I feel like I missed out on having any more children because Im already in my 30's plus I dont think I want to start all over when my kids are 11 and almost 9. It didnt bother me being single thru most of my mid to late 20's but now its bothering me more and more.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:42 PM
3 moms liked this

Sure, I'd love to have a partner, but having a man in my life doesn't necessarily = moving on.  Instead, I'm doing my own thing... buying a house, doing things that make ME happy.  I figure a man will fit in to my life when the timng is right and don't worry much about it.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I would like to have a partner to come home to and to feel needed.  I used to feel that way once with my ex.  I think every woman feels this way unless she's at a point in her life that there will never be a man in her life.  I would hope the hell I've gone through for the past five years would play a huge role of fate in my life.  I deserve to be with a good, decent and honest man.  I have a lot to give him in return.  I don't want to end up alone.  Until some good man comes into my life I will continue to live the life I have.  Being a good mom to my daughter and trying to stay happy and positive. 

Monsita
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

hugsIt will happen when you are not looking BUT WHEN YOUR SOUL, MIND IS READY!!

Tsmommy106
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I thought I had moved on and would have a family by now too. Well I'm working on leaving him and would like to move on again. Relationships sometimes don't work, guys sometimes suck and lie. I'm almost 30 and I thought I'd be done having kids by now. I figured I'd have like 3 kids about 2 years apart. Now I don't even know if I can have anymore kids at all. I definitly haven't found the man I can count on, marry and raise a family with. We all have the picture we think our life will be, and when the time comes, sometimes we need to change that picture and just go with the flow of life. I know it sucks sometimes. but the right guy will come around someday. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Hugs!!! just focus on your son for now. Things will happen on their own time.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I get this feeling every once in awhile but move past it pretty quickly

brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I wanted more when mine were about 3, so he could pay more in c/s and alot more for the cars,, college and everything else.  It didn't happen.  Now, i am no longer held accountable, so just having a relationship with someone fun is all I want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)