Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

CAN YOU DO IT ALL?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:47 AM
  • 9 Replies

As a single mom....we have no choice, right? We have to do it all because who else will. Well what do you do when something unexpected happens, like job loss? or sickness? I want to hear what you have to say.......

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Baby5678
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Job loss: another job, loans, family help,
Sick: suck it up
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I always think its funny when I get REALLY sick and work anyway- the owner of my company always pokes her head into my office and reminds me I can go home if I want. I know she doesn't understand why I never use my sick days when I am so obviously ill - but I have to save them for when my kids get sick.
flawskii
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I'm going through a job loss right now so for the time time being my mom is helping out until I get back on my feet. If I'm sick? I just suck it up and deal with it.

CafeMom Tickers
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:11 PM

coffeewelcome to the group.

No choice, eh?  When it is all about YOU, then yes YOU gotta take care of YOU!

AuPairMama
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Sometimes when i read posts like this i get so angry at the women's movement. When i was a little girl women were fighting for the right to work, to have equal pay, burning their bras etc. I wish we  could go back to when women were housewives and didn't HAVE to work- even if there are two parents it is so rare to have a mom who can just stay home and be a mom and yet how do we expect to take care of our kids when we can't properly take care of ourselves? We shoudn't always have to suck it up when we are sick. If you don't have a man or a family or a friend nearby - it's tooo hard! Sometimes you CAN'T just take care of you, no matter how much you need to. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Welcome! I actually will usually go to work sick I get more down time there than I would at home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ngarciaf
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Luckily no job loss. But I figure I would turn to my dad and loans. When I'm sick I try to suck it up. If its a weekday I try to take him to daycare during the day and rest while he is there. Tons of redbull and espresso when I get him to try and get me thru the night. I usually meal prep in Sundays and freeze food. So if I'm sick during the week, at least lil man can still have dinner ready.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I suck it up and deal with it and work through whatevers going on.  It make wear me down but I keep my head up and moving forward.

EJs_Mama2k10
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Job loss: has happened to me twice..first time I had to move to a new state where all my family was. The second time thank god I was already living with fam. So it helped to keep me from losing too much.

Sick: drug myself and keep going. I don't get paid for sick days
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN