Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes being a single mom sucks!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:17 PM
  • 19 Replies
2 moms liked this

Especially when you need someone to back you up when your kids are not doing what they've been told.  Grrr!

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM

aww, where's the family?

rocky_mtn_mama
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:01 PM

They all have families of their own and live at least 45-60 minutes or more away.... I get to deal with it by myself.

Quoting brieri:

aww, where's the family?

arkmomma06
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally understand what your going through!!!!

Lamontagnekara
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I can completely relate to u
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
That or being sick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnivis01
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Agreed. Or when you just need a little break; IE: want to $h!t in peace. ;)
Mietze78
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally agree! There are so many moments the best thing I can do is scream into my pillow at the unfairness of it all and let the negative emotion of resenting my still married friends with kids pass. I have a teenager in my duo and I often wonder if it would be easier to have a toddler. Still, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger...right?

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:52 PM
This...or when you can hear your ex husband's words coming out of your teenage sons mouth about how controlling you are or how you don't give him any privacy.

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Especially when you need someone to back you up when your kids are not doing what they've been told.  Grrr!

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I totally understand.  I'm fortunate that my son is active in martial arts and his instructors back me up.  If he's acting up at home or getting crappy grades, he can't move up a belt or he can be demoted a belt.  Karate school is like the other parent :)

rocky_mtn_mama
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Thank goodness that hasn't happened and it's not likely to since their dad moved out of state.  

Quoting Mamavelt:

This...or when you can hear your ex husband's words coming out of your teenage sons mouth about how controlling you are or how you don't give him any privacy.

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)