Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

pregnant, single, and a question

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:18 PM
  • 4 Replies
What do you all think. The father of my baby due in august left when I was three months pregnant. He wants to be in the baby's life an is helping me by buying the crib and paying for some one to clean my house every once in a while. He has told me he does not love me like I want him to but just cares about me cause I'm the mom of his kid. He will not answer texts or calls unless he feels like it or its about something important to him.

Anyway he has told me he doesn't care if I ever get a boyfriend so basically I want a relationship w him but he doesn't care so I'm screwed in that way.I know getting into a new relationship too soon after a failed one is not healthy so I don't want that but what do you all think is a healthy amount of time to start just talking to other guys. It just makes me feel hurt an mad that he can just go on w his life an talk to whoever he wants an I'm a big ole pregnant lonely woman who feels trapped taken advantage of an embarrassed that I've been treated this way an a single pregnant woman.
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mama110981
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Im in the exact same postion as u. Or atleast i was. I got involved with someone as soon as my ex left. Been together ever since. Its really up to u as to what feel appropriate.
pricemp2012
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:51 PM

If you feel that you are not ready for someone right now then don't, because in the end things don't turn out the way you may have intended, guys can be butholes be glad that he does want to be apart of the babies life but also go to court on him too, take of you first and your baby then when you get to where you want or need to be in life then start window shopping unless somenone finds you until then just keep it simple between you and the father of your child soon or later he will know what he could of had is gone and realized it was him that made the mistake and not you. :)

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I think it's appropriate to start seeing other people when you feel comfortable doing so.  It's different for every one (example, my divorce was final just about 2 1/2 years ago and I have not yet started dating, but for different reasons).  If you feel comfortable seeing someone else, then I say go for it!

Don't feel embarrassed, what your ex does or doesn't do is NOT a reflection of anything you have or have not done.  It's his decision and look at the wonderful gift you've been given?  You're going to be a mommy and that's a pretty darn cool thing!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Hugs!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN