Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He just up and took it?!?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so last year my sons father filed for child custody and we have our final hearing in July his lawyer has requested and got 3 days for this trial now, just today my sons father came and got my truck because he says that i was 4 months behind in payments which is not true, this man has been an ass to me even when we were together, now he knew that I would be on maternity leave with no pay last year also the since he filed trying to get my son from me I am having to fork out extra money that I don't even have to be honest with you the only reason why he filed is because I have left him and moved on, knowing what I know the action that he took today will that hinder him in the court? meaning because he will bring it to court saying that I was behind when in fact i was caught up but seeing how i have unexpected expenses with this case and his attitude prior to how he treated me and my son drake will this also hinder me?

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Make sure that you find the paper trail that states that you have the vehicle paid in full up to the date that he took the vehicle. 

Bring it with you to court ..file it with the courts ..do what ever you have to do to ensure that you have proof that he is lying. 

pricemp2012
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM

i dont have a paper trail but i do have a witness

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Quoting pricemp2012:

i dont have a paper trail but i do have a witness

what do you mean you don't have a paper trail ? 

How did you pay for the vehicle ? 

pricemp2012
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM

i have my statements from when i paid bycheck but they repode it n he got it in another loan to where he would make the payments but i was giving him cash for it and i have a witness that was rhere on all occasions for the cash trnsactions

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Quoting pricemp2012:

i have my statements from when i paid bycheck but they repode it n he got it in another loan to where he would make the payments but i was giving him cash for it and i have a witness that was rhere on all occasions for the cash trnsactions

Well...than you make an affidavit saying this information and ask that he provide paper's (records) of the payments to proof that they were not paid. 

pricemp2012
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM

i will ty

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Yikes that's why paying cash is scary good luck I hope it all works out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this
If the loan is in his name, you have no obligation to pay it so he can cry to the judge all he wants, it won't count against you. This is a custody hearing....nobody is going to care about the stupid truck payment. Let him bring it up, he's just going to look like an ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Hugs!!

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Exactly. It is not going to affect anything. If it was in his name only, he could take it at any time.

Quoting Stephd710:

If the loan is in his name, you have no obligation to pay it so he can cry to the judge all he wants, it won't count against you. This is a custody hearing....nobody is going to care about the stupid truck payment. Let him bring it up, he's just going to look like an ass.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)