Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In love

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:45 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok a few weeks ago I met an army man online actually he contacted me through a social site, now I think how it is icanay that I have been fantasizing about what it would be like to date an army guy and here he pops up, we have been talking a little bit back in forth, he is very romantic and we only been talking for about 3 weeks now and he already says that he is in love with me...is that even possible? I mean I really like him and would love to meet him but I am not for sure if he is true in what he says to me, he is everything I have been looking for and yet he is so far away how do I know if he is legit? what do you guys think should I go ahead and keep talking to him and maybe let my feelings go in someday he comes back home and we meet in person or just let him slide and go with someone else?

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM
3 moms liked this

NEVER believe someone on the internet , unless you know them in person. 

It sounds like you are more in love with the idea of an army man ...and not the man himself. 

Online anyone can portray themselves to be someone who they are not...

*This advice is coming from someone whom met her SO online lol..i didn't fall for him until after i met him in person* 

ALWAYS be cautious.

*a little tip...i was talking to an army guy online as well at one point in time..he was telling me he wanted to take me here ..and there ...and that he was going to be in my city at a certain time...i did a little bit of digging and found out that he had been telling at least 5-7 other girls the same story. I'll admit ..he did a good job at keeping up appearences for at least 6 months or so*

pricemp2012
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM

oh dont get me wrong my feelings for him are asif he was a complete stranger but i did do one stupid thing i hope i wont regret but he seems nice always giving me poems i just thought it was icanay he is tossing the i love you card and it has only been three weeks.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I probably would let it go and stop contact with him.

Men do not fall in love as easily as women do. If you want to continue with it, do not allow your heart to get before your head. ask for variety of pictures and ask to Skype with him.

An online friend said she met a man online and he always had an excuse as to why he could not share more pics or video chat.

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting pricemp2012:

oh dont get me wrong my feelings for him are asif he was a complete stranger but i did do one stupid thing i hope i wont regret but he seems nice always giving me poems i just thought it was icanay he is tossing the i love you card and it has only been three weeks.

yea..a man tossing the 'i love you ' card that early ..especially when you only know him online. 

He is one of two things. 

1. lying and just telling you what HE thinks you want to hear 

or 

2. REALLY REALLY desperate ...and needy. 

I say stop contact before he happens to get anymore information out of him. 

May i ask what site you met him on ? 

pricemp2012
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:02 PM

it is called meetme he actually contacted me n thisd is some of the stuff he sent me

Honestly,I don't imagine any man to see a gorgeous lady like you with such a lovely profile and still continue searching for other women because I have been looking through many partners recommendations since 5 days a ago that i joined the site some of them even looked interesting, but Yours was one of the few that looked special!
Your personality, Your interests - we might get along really...well anyway am Justin

this is recently

My Dearest Mia, I met you 3 weeks ago on the Internet, and since that time, I have grown to love you so deeply. I have heard it said that online romances don't last, but with what you've shown to me I disagree. I know that what we are doing may be considered wrong by some(enemy), but I also know what I feel in my heart, and I know that it's real.

I lay awake at night, sometimes, and I cry 'cause I miss you so much. I know that we can't change the past, and I know that we can't predict the future, but my heart does not lie ... I am so in love with you.

When you kiss me so tenderly in spirit, my heart skips a beat. When I look into your beautiful blue eyes in the pictures you sent to me, I can see how much you love me. When we about love so sweetly and passionately, I can feel the emotion just by holding you closely... we may not be married to each other for now, but our love still goes on, and I just want you to know that you are precious to me and no matter how this story turns out, I will always love you, now and forever. I love you, Baby....

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Hmm...he doesn't go by MilesLong by any chance does he?? ( sorry...the army guy i know was named Justin as well...so i took a shot lol). 

But honestly , for just three weeks ...this guy seems ...well..creepy.

I would keep a good eye on what is going on and what is said and try not too give to much info about you or where you live.

Quoting pricemp2012:

it is called meetme he actually contacted me n thisd is some of the stuff he sent me

Honestly,I don't imagine any man to see a gorgeous lady like you with such a lovely profile and still continue searching for other women because I have been looking through many partners recommendations since 5 days a ago that i joined the site some of them even looked interesting, but Yours was one of the few that looked special!
Your personality, Your interests - we might get along really...well anyway am Justin

this is recently

My Dearest Mia, I met you 3 weeks ago on the Internet, and since that time, I have grown to love you so deeply. I have heard it said that online romances don't last, but with what you've shown to me I disagree. I know that what we are doing may be considered wrong by some(enemy), but I also know what I feel in my heart, and I know that it's real.

I lay awake at night, sometimes, and I cry 'cause I miss you so much. I know that we can't change the past, and I know that we can't predict the future, but my heart does not lie ... I am so in love with you.

When you kiss me so tenderly in spirit, my heart skips a beat. When I look into your beautiful blue eyes in the pictures you sent to me, I can see how much you love me. When we about love so sweetly and passionately, I can feel the emotion just by holding you closely... we may not be married to each other for now, but our love still goes on, and I just want you to know that you are precious to me and no matter how this story turns out, I will always love you, now and forever. I love you, Baby....

KRIZZ25
dam ppl...
Yesterday at 6:09 AM
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Quoting Two_Hearts:

NEVER believe someone on the internet , unless you know them in person. 

It sounds like you are more in love with the idea of an army man ...and not the man himself. 

Online anyone can portray themselves to be someone who they are not...

*This advice is coming from someone whom met her SO online lol..i didn't fall for him until after i met him in person* 

ALWAYS be cautious.

*a little tip...i was talking to an army guy online as well at one point in time..he was telling me he wanted to take me here ..and there ...and that he was going to be in my city at a certain time...i did a little bit of digging and found out that he had been telling at least 5-7 other girls the same story. I'll admit ..he did a good job at keeping up appearences for at least 6 months or so*

agree..red flags if he saying he loves u after a few weeks.
pricemp2012
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:15 PM

could it be justin pickford? and i did a real stupid thing and he is sending me a package he also offered to pay one of my bills plus he wants to stay in contact at all times

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not feel comfortable with this. Please guard your heart.

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting pricemp2012:

could it be justin pickford? and i did a real stupid thing and he is sending me a package he also offered to pay one of my bills plus he wants to stay in contact at all times

wait ...you gave him your address?!?!? Noo..not good. 

This is what you do , if you do get that package ...you put 'wrong address' on it and send it back!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)