Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any of you moms that work full time, go to school also?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM
  • 11 Replies
How do you organize your schedule?
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I work full time and go to school. My schedule is ridiculously busy but I manage. I work Mon-Thur all day then Fiday 1/2 a day and one Saturday a month. I take one night class, one class in the morning before work and one online this semester. I normally do 2 night classes and one online. I do homework on weekends, at night and on my lunch break at work. I have a planner to help keep me organized too.

The most important thing for me is to get ahead in the first few weeks of a semester. I make sure that I work my butt off for about 3 weeks so I can take it a little slower until finals when I cram again. I take the kids to the park a lot too and do my reading there. It allows them to play and get energy out and me to get stuff done.

You can do it, but plan on not watching TV or sleeping for quite some time ;)  Make sure you are very organized and you can do it! What are you going to go to school for?

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Wow I've done an online course while working full time it's hard enough doing that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
libramoon007
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I was in school and worked part time. Thinking about going back, online only. I work full time. Not yet though. It can be done. 

cnkmama
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I worked one overnight job, a 8-4 job, took classes two nights a week and saturday...some online...was pregnant and had a year old. I was always tired.
lovemybabes3
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM

i would love to be able to work part time and go to school part time...just dont know what i would get my degree in so im stuck

_AshlynNicole
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I know! I suck at doing online classes! I might have to suck it up and do 1 online while also doing 1 in the classroom. I tried to take 1 class and each semester I had to drop it because I got overwhelmed, but I don't think I was managing my time well.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Wow I've done an online course while working full time it's hard enough doing that
mkingsley
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:13 PM
I go to work as a bus driver a d go to school between my runs and then pick up my kiddos after school and wed nights I have class again
easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I work full time and go to school part time.  All of my classes are online. I actually just completed my associates degree yesterday.  I do most of my homework/test after my son goes to bed and over my lunch time at work. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Thats how I do my classes too. 

Quoting LifeCafe42:

jaybabe28
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Very carefully...I cram when my son is with my ex, but I get like 1 to 2 hours of sleep when I have my son here and do my very best to include him in my homework. I'm in nursing school so my schedule is dramatic.

Here is my schedule:

Monday class- 1230 to 330, I work at 8pm to 2am

tuesday to thursday- 830 to 430, work 8pm to 2am

Friday- class 830 to 230 and work at 8pm to 4am.

I make most of my weekly meals on sunday so I just have to defrost and cook. I include my son with all my studies including him making flash cards and highlighing my books. I also study at school often and do my best to do homework while in class. Its not easy, but a $20/hr paycheck is what I look forward to. Then I can work weekends and see my son to school everyday for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)