Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What am I doing wrong?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm cautious when it comes to dating for quite a few reasons, but my biggest two is (1) that I'm too old for games and drama and (2) I'm scared to bring people around my daughter. 

When I meet people I try and take my time to get to know them but they all do the exact same thing. They will text or call me one night wanting to come over and it's like 10pm and later. I barely know you and you want me to allow you in my home where my infant daughter lay her head? WRONG. The minute that question is asked I'm instantly turned off and once I'm turned off there's no turning back on.

Can I just meet someone with better respect for themselves and my child to not want to come to my house at that time of night, especially if I haven't invited you to my house during the day! ughh irritated

rant over...

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this
He will come be picky its not just your life anymore if he's right he is right and will respect you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
You haven't done anything wrong. Personally I wouldn't automatically disqualify someone for asking . . . sometimes they're just joking or if you let them know you think it's disrespectful to ask at this stage in the game, it puts the ball back in their court to correct themself. We all put our foot in our mouth from time to time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I had one guy ask to come over after my kids went to sleep. I hadn't met him in person yet. I was a little nervous but I finally said ok. Then about 15 minutes later he calls me and says "I can't come over tonight. I just got done talking to my sister and I told her I was coming to meet you at your house, she yelled at me and told me I was disrespectful and should never have asked that of you, she's right and I'm sorry." I immediately liked him more for that. We only dated a few weeks, we weren't compatible on other levels but that made me laugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flawskii
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:22 AM
I'm sorry i just don't find the humor in that especially if I've only known you for bout a week or so.

Quoting sid1083:

You haven't done anything wrong. Personally I wouldn't automatically disqualify someone for asking . . . sometimes they're just joking or if you let them know you think it's disrespectful to ask at this stage in the game, it puts the ball back in their court to correct themself. We all put our foot in our mouth from time to time.
flawskii
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:29 AM
I think had that happen with one of the guys I was conversing with I probably could have looked past it, but once I say no then there's no response so I just leave it alone. I probably would have laughed too though.

Quoting Stephd710:

I had one guy ask to come over after my kids went to sleep. I hadn't met him in person yet. I was a little nervous but I finally said ok. Then about 15 minutes later he calls me and says "I can't come over tonight. I just got done talking to my sister and I told her I was coming to meet you at your house, she yelled at me and told me I was disrespectful and should never have asked that of you, she's right and I'm sorry." I immediately liked him more for that. We only dated a few weeks, we weren't compatible on other levels but that made me laugh.
mollymae09
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Just because you dont see humor in it doesnt mean they dont. I agree with her. tell them you find it disrespectful and see how they respond. that should show a bit of their true character

Quoting flawskii:

I'm sorry i just don't find the humor in that especially if I've only known you for bout a week or so.

Quoting sid1083:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flawskii
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this
If they see humor in asking a woman that they just met to come to their house after 10pm and the latest I was asked was at 12am which is booty call hours in my opinion and you haven't even been to my house during the day I'll pass.

Quoting mollymae09:

Just because you dont see humor in it doesnt mean they dont. I agree with her. tell them you find it disrespectful and see how they respond. that should show a bit of their true character

Quoting flawskii:

Quoting sid1083:

Kazmira222
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:57 AM
I agree I come across the most weirdest ppl... Mostly all the ones that just wanna talk dirty and sends me pics of their dicks..... Really?! Just not my cup of tea! Ppl need to grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flawskii
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I've come across a few of those too. What happened to having self respect?

Quoting Kazmira222:

I agree I come across the most weirdest ppl... Mostly all the ones that just wanna talk dirty and sends me pics of their dicks..... Really?! Just not my cup of tea! Ppl need to grow up.

CafeMom Tickers
Kazmira222
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I know! Men... smh

Quoting flawskii:

I've come across a few of those too. What happened to having self respect?

Quoting Kazmira222:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)