Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What am I doing wrong?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm cautious when it comes to dating for quite a few reasons, but my biggest two is (1) that I'm too old for games and drama and (2) I'm scared to bring people around my daughter. 

When I meet people I try and take my time to get to know them but they all do the exact same thing. They will text or call me one night wanting to come over and it's like 10pm and later. I barely know you and you want me to allow you in my home where my infant daughter lay her head? WRONG. The minute that question is asked I'm instantly turned off and once I'm turned off there's no turning back on.

Can I just meet someone with better respect for themselves and my child to not want to come to my house at that time of night, especially if I haven't invited you to my house during the day! ughh irritated

rant over...

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Replies (21-28):
Francess33
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. This is a good way to weed out the jerks and sex-only guys. I dated for a while after my divorce and ran into so many men that only wanted sex. After a while you get good at deciphering their intentions and which ones have good intentions and not so good intentions. 

A good indicator is, of course, what time of night does he expect to be able to come over, like you said. And how much advance notice they give when they want to see you. It's called dating for a reason LOL If he respects you then it will show.  

flawskii
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Ugh that was my mom, I would never and could never be that mom. What kind of message would I be sending to my daughter! I jsut wanna meet someone who I can hang out with and get to know FIRST before I start inviting him to my home.

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

A good guy will come along. You are making the right choices..I think. I just dropped off my daughter's friend(she is 10) and her mom just moved in with a dude. These kids just got done living with another one their moms boyfriends. Don't be that mom....so fucking disturbing to me.

CafeMom Tickers
Ms_mom_81
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Yep, and that is normal. I actually met my boyfriend online playing a video game lol. He is actually meeting the kids for the first time this weekend.

Quoting flawskii:

Ugh that was my mom, I would never and could never be that mom. What kind of message would I be sending to my daughter! I jsut wanna meet someone who I can hang out with and get to know FIRST before I start inviting him to my home.

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

A good guy will come along. You are making the right choices..I think. I just dropped off my daughter's friend(she is 10) and her mom just moved in with a dude. These kids just got done living with another one their moms boyfriends. Don't be that mom....so fucking disturbing to me.

flawskii
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Aww that's sweet. How long have ya'll been talking?

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

Yep, and that is normal. I actually met my boyfriend online playing a video game lol. He is actually meeting the kids for the first time this weekend.

Quoting flawskii:

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

CafeMom Tickers
Ms_mom_81
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Almost 2 1/2 years. We try to visit about every 2-3 months. Now that I have a full time job getting time off is harder. Once he spends enough time with the kids I think we will discuss living closer, but in the mean time we are just enjoying it....

Quoting flawskii:

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

Quoting flawskii:

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

flawskii
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM

That's good I'm happy for you. I use to be a social site and it was cool at first but it seems like the chat rooms have gotten a lot worse and there's a lot of females just looking for sex on there. So when I say I'm just looking for friends and to meet new people they be shocked and laugh at me like it's funny. I would think because you coming across a female that's not just into giving away sex so easily and would rather get to know you first would be a good thing, but I guess not. At this point I'm just focusing on my daughter but I wouldn't mind being able to have some adult time as well. 

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

Almost 2 1/2 years. We try to visit about every 2-3 months. Now that I have a full time job getting time off is harder. Once he spends enough time with the kids I think we will discuss living closer, but in the mean time we are just enjoying it....

Quoting flawskii:

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

Quoting flawskii:

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

CafeMom Tickers
easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Hugs!!

flawskii
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Thank you!

Quoting easinpc:

Hugs!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN