Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Intro

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

My name is Amber I am a single mother to my beautiful Gracie.She is 3 months old. I left my daughters daddy about a month ago because he decided alcohol was more important. I am now struggling with doing it on my own. But I will do it my daughter is my motivation I am enrolled in college all i need now is to find a job and i will feel alot better about myself.

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
dawncs
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:00 PM

If you haven't, I recommend checking off the work study option on the financial aid because it can help you get a job on campus. You should apply Monday for child support through the county court house. It should be garnished from his paycheck through the state. It is based on a percentage of his income, but it is worth the time to go through court to get it.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

Gracies_mommy12
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I will check into the work study and I have the child support in process.

dawncs
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I also recommend going to the county welfare office and applying for some of the programs offered through the state. It can also help with the expenses. I recommend applying for Medicaid, child care assistance, WIC, and Food Stamps.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

Gracies_mommy12
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I have applyed for all that and family assistance and they are the ones getting the child support going 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Welcome! I'm glad you found us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gracies_mommy12
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Thank You

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Welcome!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Hi, Amber and welcome to the group.  Congrats on moving on with your life and attending college.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN