Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

2 weeks in

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to this sight and just looking for some other moms to talk to that might understand my situation a little better than all my single friends or friends that are in happy relationships that just don't understand what it's like to get out of a bad one with a child. 

This single mom thing is really new, I've only been out 2 weeks and am completely starting over. If anyone has any tips on custody arrangements with a difficult father they would be greatly appreciated! 

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lamontagnekara
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I am in the same situation. Well not with a difficult father yet. But going through a recent divorce within the past few weeks and we have a 2.5 year old son together and he plays baseball so I have our son 8-10 months out of the year. So I'm nervous about custody too for when he is done with baseball
LauraMH
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM
My ex was EXTREMELY difficult, still is, and we had to have a judge decide on our agreement. He was pretty unreasonable wanting them everyday until 8pm then Every other weekend. He wouldn't budge and there was no way I was agreeing to that so we went to court. I still hate the schedule we have now but he wasn't going to agree on anything reasonable so I got stick with it. You may have to go to court too and have a judge decide.
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM

coffeeWelcome to the group.

Get lots of counseling - it will be good. 

otoole
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM

welcome, don't know what to tell you, just don't give up. don't let him make you feel small. you are a strong mama. its hard doing it on your own but there is perks to doing it on your own.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Welcome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN