Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice!! what would you do?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:31 AM
  • 12 Replies

i am a single mother. i am 22, i have a 5 yeard old son. im living with my mother and things arent great. i feel unwanted everyday,unloved,missunderstood. shes always taking my money. her boyfriend doesnt like me. etc... i have a job but only getting 330 every two weeks. i cant servive off that. i go to school. i pay for my son to go to daycare. im left with nothing. im staying strong everyday. i hold in everything and some times i just break down beacuse i dont know who i can talk o and trust. i know it could be worse then what it is but im tired of it all. i feel alone. what would you do?

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rocky_mtn_mama
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM
4 moms liked this

I think I would probably go apply for assistance.... cash, food stamps, child care, housing, insurance and get the heck outta there!  You, and your son, need a place of your own where you can be the mom and he can be the child and you don't have to walk on egg shells to keep your mom and her boyfriend happy.

rayalex
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM

i have assistance but on collectimg foodstamps. witch is fine.i tried applying for housing they keep saying their not acceptig any applications and wont give me a date when they will be. i dont know i feel stuck...

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Have you thought about renting a room in someone's home? Maybe a single Mom or married couple who have grown children out of the home have space and will work with you on paying lower rent due to your situation?

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Or getting a job as a live in nanny.

amandacr1026
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say start looking for a roommate or like someone else said.. rent a room from someone

Ms_mom_81
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a single mom and I am doing everything I can to be financially ok. I don't want to be the mom who is really the child. If you have to suck it up to finish school do it. I think it will be best for the long run. Find a friend to talk to...even if it's on cafe mom :)

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe find a room mate. Another single mom, trade out childcare. Work more hours, or do online school for more money.
Since you're trading childcare, you won't pay day care cost.
What about seeking child support
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Francess33
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It wasn't a cake walk but after I left my marriage I went back to school full-time while taking care of my three children. No child support from the ex so I went on TANF (BFD, a total of $450/month) and had to use food stamps. I used financial aid and student loans to get by. I did it, so can you!!

I don't know if all states are the same but you should look into something similar to the Parents as Scholars Program. I graduated with my associate's and now make enough to support myself and my daughter (my boys now live with their dad). 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:55 PM

welcome!

dstarr347
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:44 PM

This and here is a link http://www.co-abode.com/

Quoting kitty8199:

Maybe find a room mate. Another single mom, trade out childcare. Work more hours, or do online school for more money.
Since you're trading childcare, you won't pay day care cost.
What about seeking child support

Good luck!hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)