Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Cs question

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:27 AM
  • 5 Replies
My ex was suppose to pay child support starting 3/15 he didn't receive his first pay check form his new job on 4/15 (before them he was on unemployment. I have yet to receive cs. Called the division and was told to talk to his job. Ex said that's not his responsibility that is the government. Any suggestions. He only pays $160 a month $80 every 2 weeks. (He owes me cs that wasn't court ordered from jan, feb, and half of march plus he owese for his car insurance since feb because we're still on the same plan)
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:51 AM
It takes a few months to start. Also even once it starts it wont be right in hid pay day... with mine, what ex pays in march (half each check) I get by april 15
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Sounds like he may be a month behind, therefore it's going to be a month or two later before you recieve it.  I hope you have a separae car insurance than he, unless your sharing the car.

aus14
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:50 AM
The cs division said they hadn't received it from the employer. So idk. No were not sharing the car I was being nice to help him out while we were still not divorced by keeping us on the same plan and I just haven't change it over.
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:56 AM

it takes at least 6-8 weeks before you'll receive your first check depending on the job. Some jobs LOVE to take forever (down to the very last day) to submit the paperwork for the garnishments. I've gone through this with both of my kids sperm donors. 

atm1979
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Call cs, every state is different. In Louisiana they have to be three months behind before cs will intervene and they only do that if you pursue it. After the months, if he is working, the garnish wages.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)