Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not understood or just feeling sorry for myself?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question:

Options:

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 0

Let me start by saying I have the most suportive sister in the world.  I would not be able to be a single mom of 3 without all the help and back up I  receive from my sister and her husband.  But sometimes I think that maybe she doesn't always understand the crazyness that I feel is my life.  Most days its not problem, yes the kids are busy and it seems we are on the go all the time but I love it and them and feel lucky that I get to experience life with them.  But sometimes for a minute or an hour if I think of all the stuff I have to get done I feel like I might break.  It always passes and I move on but in that minute it all seems like alot.  Yesterday my sister and I and our kids were spending our 4 th day outside the grocery store trying to sell the 800 candy bars we had to sell for 4 of the kids little league teams.  During this time my sister left to go to Target and then went in and did her grocery shopping and so I was trying to keep our kids on task, kids who are 8,7,6,and 5.  All the while thinking I will not have time today to grocery shop or clean my house or do laundry because I have to take the kids to practice after this and then to a birthday party.  When my sister came out she was asking me what I had bought for the Birthday party and I said I have to stop on the way, then she asked me what I bought for the school Art night this week for a donation and I said I havent yet I am working on it.  To which she said "geez your not organized"  that was to much for me at that moment.  I said "I am overwhelmed and doing the best I can at this moment" and she said well we are all "overwhelmed".  And I am sure that is absolutly true but I just wish I could say do you know what its like to have sole responsibilty for 3 kids every day all day?  I try to get their father to help but he never will, so even if I just want to run to the store I have to take all three and most times they have to be 2 different places at once so I am just trying to keep up.  I always end up getting everything done but its not always ahead of time like she can because her husband is a great partner and splits the work equally with her.  No one is going to clean my house or do the laundry or cut the lawn or grocery shop or figure out lunches and spend 30 min reading each day with each kid but me! 

Err ok I know I am feeling sorry for myself and I just needed to vent so I wouldnt yell at my sister who like I said does help me in many ways. 

Some days are just hard.  But I do love my life and my kiddos. 

Thanks for listening.

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
breebree04
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I know how you feel. I have alot of days when I feel overwhelmed. Theres just not enough time in the day or enough mes to do everything! Sometimes you just need to vent so you can feel better for the moment and move on. Thats what we are here for :)

Traci2012
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Everyone needs a good vent every now and then. I know you are overwhelmed, and rightly so.  In March my older daughter left me with her 2 children ages 1 & 3. I am recently (August) divorced and  a single mom of a 7 yr old. We had just moved into a small 2 bedroom duplex which was perfect for the 2 of us, but you add 2 more little ones into the mix and WOW!!! My life dramaticly changed. I feel for you when you say there just isn't enough time and how hard it is to do it on your own. It's tough! I know!! I really don't have any good advice, but you will be in my prayers for strength and peace. ((HUGS))

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs

It's ok to feel this way sometimes, sometimes we really are feeling understood and overwhelmed and sometimes we need to feel sorry for ourselves too.  The key is to feel it, have a good cry if you want and then move past it so that we can be the best mommies we can be for our little ones.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!!

Jkia1boy
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Does she have any kids? If not, her situation CANNOT compare to yours. Plus, she got a husband who can help her!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)