Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

He just up and took him

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not big on sharing my personal information, but here goes. Like 2 weeks ago my sons father took him and is refusing to return him. Theres nothing I can do about it. I miss my baby. I dont know what to do.

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Replies (51-60):
paigesmommy5264
by on May. 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it does. Once paternity is established, he has equal rights. I talked to my attorney about it bc my kids dad isn't on the bc but signed paternity papers an without a court order h could have taken them and not given them back.. (until a hearing)

Quoting kitty8199:

That still doesn't give him rights. It gives him the ability to petition the court

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Acknowledgement of paternity papers most likely...

Quoting Mia1983:

That is what I want to know. How does he have any right to custody?

Quoting Ali32:

What paper does he have? 

Quoting HisMom2010:

Because the law says he has as much right to my baby as I do. because he has a paper sayyin he is the father although his name isnt on the birth certificate.

kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Another state based thing. Here all it does is allow him to petition the court. Doesn't mean anything without the courts giving him rights.

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Yes it does. Once paternity is established, he has equal rights. I talked to my attorney about it bc my kids dad isn't on the bc but signed paternity papers an without a court order h could have taken them and not given them back.. (until a hearing)

Quoting kitty8199:

That still doesn't give him rights. It gives him the ability to petition the court

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Quoting Mia1983:

Quoting Ali32:

What paper does he have? 

Quoting HisMom2010:

Because the law says he has as much right to my baby as I do. because he has a paper sayyin he is the father although his name isnt on the birth certificate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paigesmommy5264
by on May. 26, 2013 at 5:24 PM
No. Fathers have the same rights as mothers (without a court order) in every state. Please look into your info, hopefully you have a court order to protect yourself and your child(Ren)

Quoting kitty8199:

Another state based thing. Here all it does is allow him to petition the court. Doesn't mean anything without the courts giving him rights.

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Quoting Mia1983:

Quoting Ali32:

What paper does he have? 

Quoting HisMom2010:

kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM
No they don't.

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

No. Fathers have the same rights as mothers (without a court order) in every state. Please look into your info, hopefully you have a court order to protect yourself and your child(Ren)

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Quoting Mia1983:

Quoting Ali32:

What paper does he have? 

Quoting HisMom2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paigesmommy5264
by on May. 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM
http://www.ehow.com/about_6469564_equal-rights-unwed-fathers.html

Quoting kitty8199:

No they don't.

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Quoting Mia1983:

Quoting Ali32:

What paper does he have? 

Quoting HisMom2010:

kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Not in Georgia. I'm fully aware of the laws in my state. The courts have to give the father rights. My dd dad .has zero rights he hasn't taken me to court.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/does-an-unwed-mother-mother-have-sole-legal-custod-74246.html

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

http://www.ehow.com/about_6469564_equal-rights-unwed-fathers.html

Quoting kitty8199:

No they don't.

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Quoting Mia1983:

Quoting Ali32:

What paper does he have? 

Quoting HisMom2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisMom2010
by on May. 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM
So i have mediation date set for the 5th of june and the mediator told me if he doesn't show he will be held in contempt. I am hoping that he doesn't show so i can watch as his door is kicked down. I miss my baby beyond comprehension. Will be happy when June gets here
MommyAJ2921
by on May. 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Right on Bellmont..I was thinking the same thing when I saw the "new" attached to this post..I'm PRAYING, PRAYING for GOOD NEWS HERE!!!!

Quoting Bellmont:

I hope that you have your son back by now. Update us please.  Hugs

hugs

MommyAJ2921
by on May. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Ok..not the update we were looking for but I suppose NO news is good news. I will be praying...until the 5 I suggest you do your research as to what the laws are in YOUR state regarding custody and visitation. Not sure if it would be considered kidnapping or not. Again I'm so praying for you both! Wish I could hug you right now but this'll have to do...hugs

Quoting HisMom2010:

So i have mediation date set for the 5th of june and the mediator told me if he doesn't show he will be held in contempt. I am hoping that he doesn't show so i can watch as his door is kicked down. I miss my baby beyond comprehension. Will be happy when June gets here

shelady99
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:24 PM
What was the rcent court date for? Count down the days til his ass is grass.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)